1.The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States and Canadian law.
2. GAME OF SKILL; WINNER SELECTION. THIS IS A GAME OF SKILL. WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE OBJECTIVE CRITERIA SET FORTH BELOW. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of the relevant Arena Football or fantasy Arena Football rules to accumulate the most adjusted points (and if necessary win his/her league championship at the end of the playoffs) during the term of Arena Fan-tasy Football 2005 (the "Game") according to the Rule Set.
Fantasy Quickplay:Term in which points can be accumulated runs from the first regular-season game of the Arena Football League regular season in 2005 (currently Friday, January 28, 2005) until the end of the last game of the Arena Football League regular season (currently Sunday, May 22, 2005)(the "Game Period"). All entries, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of ARENAFAN, INC., upon submission, and will not be returned to any entrant.
Fantasy League Play:Term in which points can be accumulated runs from the first game of the second regular-season week of games of the Arena Football League regular season in 2005 (currently Friday, January 28, 2005) until the end of the last game of the Arena Football League regular season (currently Sunday, May 22, 2005)(the "Game Period"). All entries, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of ARENAFAN, INC., upon submission, and will not be returned to any entrant.
3. ELIGIBILITY. You must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Residents of Connecticut, Montana, Vermont, Louisiana, Arizona, Florida, Maryland and the province of Quebec may play and have their places noted in the standings, but are not eligible to win any prizes. This game is open to legal residents of all other states of the United States, Puerto Rico and provinces of Canada. Persons residing in any other jurisdictions may enter (unless this contest or entry into this contest is prohibited by applicable local law), but will not be eligible to win any prizes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Canadian winners may be required to take and pass a timed mathematical skill-testing question. Employees and the immediate families of employees of ARENAFAN, INC., the Arena Football League, and any Arena Football League franchises, their affiliates, distributors, divisions subsidiaries, licensees, sponsors, licensed retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and Contest promotional partners are not eligible to win any prizes.
4. Arena Fan-tasy may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
5. DISCLAIMER; CONSENT. ARENAFAN, INC. and any subsidiary or affiliate of any of the foregoing will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, garbled, misdirected, incomplete, or damaged entries; (b) any game disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of EIV; or (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the game. By entering the Game, the entrant consents to placement on a mailing list for promotional and other materials, and grants to ARENAFAN, INC. the right to use and publish the entrant's proper name, state or province of residence, score, and ranking online and in any other media in connection with the Game, unless prohibited by law. In the event that the Arena Football League season is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout), ARENAFAN, INC. reserves the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the season is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the game at its discretion.
6. ENTRY. The deadline to join the Full Season League Draft Game is January 28, 2005. Team draft lists must be set by 7pm on January 29, 2005. Teams with no draft list of players will be randomly selected. Leagues will be made up of 8 teams. If a league is not filled by the deadline to join, ARENAFAN, INC. will extend the entry period until all spots are filled. NOTE: Payment of an entry fee of $8.99 is required to register a team for Arena Fan-tasy Football.
You must be a registered member of ArenaFan.com to enter. Registration is free.
Entries will only be accepted through the online entry and selection form available from the ArenaFan.com web page. No faxed, mailed, electronically mailed, or phoned-in entries are allowed.
By entering the game, the entrant grants permission to any game sponsor to use their names, photographs, likenesses, voices, prize information and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
See ArenaFan.com Prize List.
Prizes are not transferable and no substitution of prizes is permitted except that ARENAFAN, INC. reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value or greater if a prize is unavailable. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES AND ANY SHIPPING OR HANDLING CHARGES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
8. NOTIFICATION. Winners will be notified by e-mail or regular mail within seven (7) days after the date the winners are determined and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Arena Fan-tasy Football Legal Restrictions and a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law) within fifteen (15) days following attempted notification. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Using the contact information the user has provided, ARENAFAN, INC. will attempt to contact overall winners via phone and/or e-mail in order to fulfill prizes at least 3 times or for a period of 30 days. If the winner is unable to be reached, this may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a league winner fails to choose a league winner prize, ARENAFAN, INC. reserves the right to send the default prize selection for that game, or substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If a league winner fails to submit their current mailing address, ARENAFAN, INC. reserves the right to send their prize to the last known address on record. In the event of a dispute about the identity of any entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide the sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
9. GENERAL RELEASE. By participating in Arena Fan-tasy Football, you release and agree to hold harmless ARENAFAN, INC., participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Game or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries and losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. INTERNET/TECHNOLOGY PROBLEMS. If, for any reason, the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of ARENAFAN, INC., which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this game, ARENAFAN, INC. reserves the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who violates these Legal Restrictions or the associated Rule Set referenced herein, tampers with the entry process, or engages in any conduct detrimental to ARENAFAN, INC., the Game or any other entrant (in each case as determined in ARENAFAN, INC.'s sole discretion), to lock out any individual whose eligibility is in question, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Game at any time. Released Parties assume no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or garbled transmissions. None of the Released Parties are in any way responsible or liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by ARENAFAN, INC. on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Game. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EIV RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK FROM ANY SUCH PERSON DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO EIV TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ARENAFAN, INC. is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of Arena-Fantasy Football, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of the prizes.
11. RULES; WINNERS LIST. This Game is subject to these Legal Restrictions and Rule Set, and any other rules sets expressly referenced herein. Game entrants agree to abide by the terms of the Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges and the Commissioner, which are final on all matters pertaining to this Game. ARENAFAN, INC. reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion.
Within 30 days of the end of the regular season, a winner's list may be obtained one week after the conclusion of the Arena Football League Regular Season by sending a SASE to the address above.
12. HEADERS. The section headers contained herein are provided for convenience purposes only and shall not be used to modify or interpret the terms of the Official Rules.
13. SEVERABILITY. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to judicial decree or decision, the remainder of the Official Rules shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. The parties intend that the provisions of the Official Rules be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Accordingly, the parties agree that if any provisions are deemed not enforceable, they shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
The game and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2003-2017 by ARENAFAN, INC.