The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Albany Team Name (just kidding - expansion draft?)
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Albany Team Name (just kidding - expansion draft?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
518AFL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Albany Team Name (just kidding - expansion draft?) Reply with quote

Hey everyone: this is my first post on ArenaFan. Hoping for some intriguing conversation, especially since Albany is back in the Arena Football League.

Will there be an expansion draft for the Albany and soon to be announced Newark teams or will they be starting from scratch?
Bring Back The Rush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Expansion Reply with quote

An expansion draft is probably a little further down the road. Considering the CBA is not complete that could be holding up other teams from joining. If Albany is indeed the only team joining the league this year, an expansion draft will be easier.
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Albany Team Name (just kidding - expansion draft?) Reply with quote

518AFL wrote:
Hey everyone: this is my first post on ArenaFan. Hoping for some intriguing conversation, especially since Albany is back in the Arena Football League.

Will there be an expansion draft for the Albany and soon to be announced Newark teams or will they be starting from scratch?

There will be an expansion draft, tryouts, and free agency... and Albany will likely have a good chance at picking up some free agents before the draft.... As for the expansion draft, Luke Collis (QB2, Philadelphia Soul) is a likely draft pick for either Albany or Newark (probably Albany).
Bring Back The Rush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Albany Team Name (just kidding - expansion draft?) Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
518AFL wrote:

There will be an expansion draft, tryouts, and free agency... and Albany will likely have a good chance at picking up some free agents before the draft.... As for the expansion draft, Luke Collis (QB2, Philadelphia Soul) is a likely draft pick for either Albany or Newark (probably Albany).

If I was Albany or (Newark, MAYBE) then I'd rather have Shane Boyd, the number 2 at Baltimore.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Albany AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: