The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - NAL interview: Bouchy on expansion
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
NAL interview: Bouchy on expansion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: NAL interview: Bouchy on expansion Reply with quote

https://arenafootballinsider.com/national-arena-league/

>> With the recent announcements by the Richmond Roughriders and the High Country Grizzlies to forego the NAL and join the AAL, I thought it would be a good idea to reach out to the NAL. Jeff Bouchy was nice enough to give me a few minutes and below are the highlights of our conversation. <<

Very timely interview.
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone on this board hates him, but I have a lot respect for Jeff Bouchy. He could have shut the team down and ripped off the players and fans in Jacksonville, he could have given into Butera's pressure like the Preds owner did, but he did not. Instead he kept the team going and is helping lead the NAL. If this interview is to believed the NAL will have more than 6 teams in 2018 which is a good thing.

Why can't Leonsis or Vinik or Gilbert or Jaws or Butera do an interview like this? As I've said Soto will use the NAL as leverage against the AFL. Whether that works or not I don't know.
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiderfan_MJ wrote:
I know everyone on this board hates him, but I have a lot respect for Jeff Bouchy. He could have shut the team down and ripped off the players and fans in Jacksonville, he could have given into Butera's pressure like the Preds owner did, but he did not. Instead he kept the team going and is helping lead the NAL. If this interview is to believed the NAL will have more than 6 teams in 2018 which is a good thing.

Why can't Leonsis or Vinik or Gilbert or Jaws or Butera do an interview like this? As I've said Soto will use the NAL as leverage against the AFL. Whether that works or not I don't know.

David Segal, the preds owner, said (according to another user on these boards that i forgot the username to) wouldn't play in an Arena League will less than 8 teams.
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
spiderfan_MJ wrote:

David Segal, the preds owner, said (according to another user on these boards that i forgot the username to) wouldn't play in an Arena League will less than 8 teams.

I know that but he could have joined the NAL with the Sharks and kept the team going.
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
spiderfan_MJ wrote:

That's an odd requirement.
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
TargetToad wrote:
spiderfan_MJ wrote:

That's an odd requirement.

Yeah it is.
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: NAL interview: Bouchy on expansion Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
https://arenafootballinsider.com/national-arena-league/

>> With the recent announcements by the Richmond Roughriders and the High Country Grizzlies to forego the NAL and join the AAL, I thought it would be a good idea to reach out to the NAL. Jeff Bouchy was nice enough to give me a few minutes and below are the highlights of our conversation. <<

Very timely interview.

So to be clear you're saying you're Jay Luster a 55+ guy whose served in the Navy and is a retired or more likely disabled signal maintainer?

Last edited by Firstnten.net on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mactheknife
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiderfan_MJ wrote:
As I've said Soto will use the NAL as leverage against the AFL.

Soto trying to use the NAL as leverage against the AFL would be like telling the operator of a Burger King that if his staff doesn't get another quarter dollar an hour, they're all going to go apply at the McDonald's across the street. Not exactly the type of threat that's going to have anyone quaking in their shoes.
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
spiderfan_MJ wrote:

Soto trying to use the NAL as leverage against the AFL would be like telling the operator of a Burger King that if his staff doesn't get another quarter dollar an hour, they're all going to go apply at the McDonald's across the street. Not exactly the type of threat that's going to have anyone quaking in their shoes.

I agree. The players have no leverage. Consider this The MVP in the Arena Bowl was from the Leigh Valley Steelhawks of the NAL 2017. Meaning their are players avail willing to work for more money and much higher visibility.

Now if the players let Soto screw things up, that falls on them.
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
spiderfan_MJ wrote:

I'm not saying it is going to work, I'm just saying Soto will try to make that argument IMO.
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just hope Soto is out of the Arena League after September 30th.
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:

Maybe Soto will get replaced before then... and a new deal will get done quickly.
Bring Back The Rush

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Wishful thinking Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Maybe Soto will get replaced before then... and a new deal will get done quickly.

Wishful thinking lol
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Wishful thinking Reply with quote

Bring Back The Rush wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Wishful thinking lol

It may be the only way to fix the problem... and if Soto screws up, I think the players will unite in voting him out or outright revolt in some way...
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Wishful thinking Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Wishful thinking lol

It may be the only way to fix the problem... and if Soto screws up, I think the players will unite in voting him out or outright revolt in some way...

Players will just cross the line
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Wishful thinking Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Wishful thinking lol

So the players can just ignore the AFLPU and it will go away?
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wishful thinking Reply with quote

Firstnten.net wrote:
4th&long wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Wishful thinking lol

So the players can just ignore the AFLPU and it will go away?

If nothing happens by the 30th, yeah, probably.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: