The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - CBA update?
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
CBA update?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: CBA and AFLPU tweets Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ISotoAFLPU/status/917058924154671104

https://twitter.com/ISotoAFLPU/status/917060207519379457

If, as per these tweets state, player costs were $1,900k in 2005 and now they are more like 240-300k (and that may be high - and that's just my guess) - the league and players could be millions off per team as rumored.

He also says revenue was 6m a team back then.

On a side note: When you apply this to Jax, AZ and Iowa. Going to lower costs leagues while maintaining a large portion of the revenue makes alot of sense.
fightclubhubbs
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This man doesn't get it, I swear. He keeps bringing up past info from 12 years ago as if it's somehow relevant to the current financial situation the league is in.
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: CBA and AFLPU tweets Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:

If, as per these tweets state, player costs were $1,900k in 2005 and now they are more like 240-300k (and that may be high - and that's just my guess) - the league and players could be millions off per team as rumored.

On a side note: When you apply this to Jax, AZ and Iowa. Going to lower costs leagues while maintaining a large portion of the revenue makes alot of sense.

How soon until Philly, Tampa and Cleveland go to smaller, more regionally locked glorified farm leagues where they get a huge chunk of the total revenue.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fightclubhubbs wrote:
This man doesn't get it, I swear. He keeps bringing up past info from 12 years ago as if it's somehow relevant to the current financial situation the league is in.

LOL, yeah.... when the AFL gets back on NBC and has sponsors paying millions because the league is getting 600k-1m or more in viewers on TV per week, then you can go all #tbt on those facts.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fightclubhubbs wrote:

That's being kind. He's quoting numbers from a league that went bankrupt what two three years later?

What was "Bernie" Madoff's net worth in 2008.....

The thought of this idiot negotiating with Ted Leonsis on any level is a laugh out loud joke.
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
fightclubhubbs wrote:

LOL, yeah.... when the AFL gets back on NBC and has sponsors paying millions because the league is getting 600k-1m or more in viewers on TV per week, then you can go all #tbt on those facts.

He tweeted that nonsense to Leonsis.
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: CBA and AFLPU tweets Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:

where did you get 1,900K from? Those tweets you posted say a 1.9m player cap.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1000/gm * 14 * 20 = $280k... so, you are right in range.

4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CBA and AFLPU tweets Reply with quote

Firstnten.net wrote:
4th&long wrote:

where did you get 1,900K from? Those tweets you posted say a 1.9m player cap.

Well thats a good question but most people use 'm' to signifiy million and 'k' for thousands. 1.9m is 1.900 k. They are both 1.9 million
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Status of new CBA? Reply with quote

Any info or rumors here on new CBA?
stormjr
All Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, a decent contingent of people are pissed/not pleased/not happy/disappointed with Soto.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormjr wrote:
yes, a decent contingent of people are pissed/not pleased/not happy/disappointed with Soto.

When you say "people", who are people? Fans? Players? Other executives in the AFLPA? Obviously owners have never been happy with Soto.

gosharks
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all have seen Soto's tweets. What leverage does he think he has over the owners? Soto is referencing AFL $ streams from 10-12 years ago when franchises were valued at $20M. If AFL players want to play and get paid in 2018 they'd better straighten out Soto. If the AFL freezes or stops play in 2018 these guys are going to be left scrambling to play somewhere else at less pay than before (if they want to continue playing).
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormjr wrote:

Is anyone surprised by this? The guy is a complete and total idiot. And throw on top of that annoying.

Who in their right mind would let this guy represent them on anything.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosharks wrote:
Y'all have seen Soto's tweets. What leverage does he think he has over the owners? Soto is referencing AFL $ streams from 10-12 years ago when franchises were valued at $20M. If AFL players want to play and get paid in 2018 they'd better straighten out Soto. If the AFL freezes or stops play in 2018 these guys are going to be left scrambling to play somewhere else at less pay than before (if they want to continue playing).

My take is Soto is looking at the current owner's deep pockets and thinking "we should get some of that!", when those pockets are all the other teams and businesses they have.... the AFL pocket for them is extremely shallow. And the only thing that pressing this and arguing with the owners that the pocket is really larger, is the owners ripping the pocket off completely (ie, folding the AFL).

TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosharks wrote:

If you combine the AFL, NAL, IFL, AAL, CIF, and any other indoor league, you'd barely get 20mil combined. Soto needs to be by LITERALLY anyone else.
mactheknife
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosharks wrote:

He's gonna go down in history as the AFL's equivalent of Donald Trump...
fightclubhubbs
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you think the AFL is waiting for the ALFPA to implode? Maybe they are just biding their time before announcing anything?
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:

My take is Soto is looking at the current owner's deep pockets and thinking "I/ME should get some of that!", when those pockets are all the other teams and businesses/owners personal finances..

FIXED!!!

Look at Soto's Linkedin account. The AFLPU job seems like it's his main job second to two business that he "owns" a property management business and a financial consultant business.

The AFLPU is not a full time job.

My father did property management in his retirement part time. And I question his prowess as a financial expert.

Also most people here probably don't know this he tried his hand as an NFL agent. here is what you need to become and NFL agent:

1) Earn a postgraduate degree. ...

2) Apply to become a "certified contract advisor" with the NFLPA between Jan. 1 and Jan. 31.

3)Pay an application fee of $1,650.

4) Attend a 2 day conference for prospective agents in Washington, D.C. in June or July.

5) Take the agents' exam on the second day of the conference.

so basically if you have 1/2 a brain and 1650 bucks and the ablility to get to the 2 day conference you too can be an NFL agent. The problem is getting clients.

When Soto first became active with the AFLPU he had a bunch of videos posted (on his twitter account) of him in NYC with a NY Giants undrafted FA that couldn't make the practice squad.

In short he's a failure as a NFL agent. Which leads me to think this guy has delusions of grandeur. In that somehow the AFL is going to miraculously make his dreams/fantasy of being some type of pro sports force/ mogul over night. Which on the flip side IMO shows his interests are not with the players or furthering the league. They are personal and misplaced. His public actions speak to this over and over and over.
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstnten.net wrote:
afdave wrote:

My take is Soto is looking at the current owner's deep pockets and thinking "I/ME should get some of that!", when those pockets are all the other teams and businesses/owners personal finances..

FIXED!!!

Look at Soto's Linkedin account. The AFLPU job seems like it's his main job second to two business that he "owns" a property management business and a financial consultant business.

The AFLPU is not a full time job.

My father did property management in his retirement part time. And I question his prowess as a financial expert.

Also most people here probably don't know this he tried his hand as an NFL agent. here is what you need to become and NFL agent:

1) Earn a postgraduate degree. ...

2) Apply to become a "certified contract advisor" with the NFLPA between Jan. 1 and Jan. 31.

3)Pay an application fee of $1,650.

4) Attend a 2 day conference for prospective agents in Washington, D.C. in June or July.

5) Take the agents' exam on the second day of the conference.

so basically if you have 1/2 a brain and 1650 bucks and the ablility to get to the 2 day conference you too can be an NFL agent. The problem is getting clients.

When Soto first became active with the AFLPU he had a bunch of videos posted (on his twitter account) of him in NYC with a NY Giants undrafted FA that couldn't make the practice squad.

In short he's a failure as a NFL agent. Which leads me to think this guy has delusions of grandeur. In that somehow the AFL is going to miraculously make his dreams/fantasy of being some type of pro sports force/ mogul over night. Which on the flip side IMO shows his interests are not with the players or furthering the league. They are personal and misplaced. His public actions speak to this over and over and over.

Can we just replace Soto already. He is HORRIBLE at ALL of his life work. He'd rather do Twitter Beefs with fans rather than even call the owners or even any of the businesses associated with the owner.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: