The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - I have serious doubts this team will last. Hope I'm wrong
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
I have serious doubts this team will last. Hope I'm wrong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgor93

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: I have serious doubts this team will last. Hope I'm wrong Reply with quote

I'm at the game and I've been loving it so far! It's the perfect thing for the long and dreadful NFL offseason. That said, I'm extremely saddened by the attendance. I know there's an Orioles game tonight as well but I'd be surprised if there was more than 1,000 fans in attendance tonight.

Here's a panorama of the stands :( midway through

https://imgur.com/gallery/XZKCA

They're clearly not selling tickets either. I got free tickets through the MDSPCA, where I volunteer. At first, there was goijng to be a radfle for free tickets with discounted tickets available to those who didn't win. Then on Thursday we were told that there's enough tickets for everyone who signed up for the raffle (about 12 people for 24 tickets). Very generous but it makes me sad that this team is not selling tickets. Baltimore is dead last in what's left of the league with an average 5800 in home attendance. That's 40% lower than teams 3 and 4 out of 5.

I did some research into the attendance numbers to see historically what happened to teams with attendance ratings like this.

It's not good, to say the least. Almost all of the teams with ratings in line with what Brigade is brining in have historically folded or moved. Anyway I hope I'm wrong but I'm not optimistic. I don't think Ted Leonsis expects both teams in the beltway to survive. It's just as business to compete with yourself. [/img] Embarassed
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Leonsis originally started the Brigade as a developmental team for the Valor, but the Brigade have become a more successful team than anyone else thought... the Brigade haven't had much time or advertising, though, to get a good following... that may change next season.
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I saw myself in that panorama! I got a football during that game too, we were in the end zone area and I caught a bad pass that one-hopped right to me!

Attendance has been averaging 3-4000 and the open areas make it tough to judge to real number. I thought I heard one of the Monumental folks say 3100 that game, but I may be wrong.

The #1 reason this is tough to judge is because when you have a smaller (and older) arena like Royal Farms the overhead to host a game (compared to every other "modern" arena in the league) your costs go WAY down!

Yes, I would love to see 7000 people in there blowing the roof off, but this is a long game. I am hoping that Uncle Ted works out some cross-promotion with the Ravens during the NFL season and then maybe we will see a stronger turnout next year.

Leonsis has already said he is using this as his Baltimore foothold, which is why he chose Under Armor as the uniform provider. Give it a full off-season and a full NFL season and let's see how things are next year. I am definitely buying better season tickets next year. I am in section 228 this year which is fine, but I want to be closer. I bought the VIP tickets for that Tampa game, and that is a great spot! If I showed up hungry, I could get my $60 out of that in food/beer/wine very easily.

Here is me, my wife and my game ball!

Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Brigade View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: