The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - what do you think of Champions Indoor Football league?
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
what do you think of Champions Indoor Football league?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: what do you think of Champions Indoor Football league? Reply with quote

This seems to be a fairly decent league with reasonable crowd draws and they even have a second smaller league that is just in Texas. It seems to me that a consolidation of these leagues could benefit everyone,. I know the AFL is focused on larger cities with established sports ownership groups, but what about ust getting them all under one umbrella like a development league?

http://www.gocif.net/the-cif/history-of-the-cif.html[/b]
Cincincinole
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CIF is a good league. I'm a season ticket holder of the Texas Revolution, one of two DFW area teams. The quality of play is really good, a lot of ex AFL guys in the league. I don't see the AFL being ready to even consider a development league. They need to focus on rebuilding first. They also have a completely different business model than any of the indoor leagues.
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know it is very early to talk about this, but what do you mean by a different business model?
TCIndepMo
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a recent convert to this league. The Kansas City Phantoms, once they got their QB situation under control, played some great games at the end of the season and got close to the play offs. And they are playing in a great facility at the Independence Events Center.

Are now looking for a new HC, so I am looking forward to the next season.

Team growth is also happening as the NIF seems to be contracting. But so much about this entire world of indoor football seems to be in a constant state of flux for last few years.
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Phantoms QB was signed by the Batilmore Ravens a few weeks ago. I still have an old KC Brigade jersey, and spent a week out there for training two weeks ago. It was a great time. 6 BBQ joints, 5 Royals games and two SKC games. I had a blast!
grego34
All Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go SteamWheelers in 2018 they are back!

http://www.qconline.com/sports/professional/steamwheelers-unveil-owners-coach-uniforms/article_0fb370b6-7dcd-5f82-8107-183e1995abc2.html
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: what do you think of Champions Indoor Football league? Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:
This seems to be a fairly decent league with reasonable crowd draws and they even have a second smaller league that is just in Texas. It seems to me that a consolidation of these leagues could benefit everyone,. I know the AFL is focused on larger cities with established sports ownership groups, but what about ust getting them all under one umbrella like a development league?

http://www.gocif.net/the-cif/history-of-the-cif.html[/b]

If AFL is sub major at lets say AAAA league and IFL/NAL are AAA/AA the CIF is a single A league.

AZ/IOWA and the other remaining IFL teams would not lower their standards to join CIF, that was a smart move IMO.

Not that it isn't a good league but its clearly below the others.
Bring Back The Rush

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: No Reply with quote

The AFL already had a developmental league and it failed. They should not absorb the CIF and go through all the financial trouble again.
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: No Reply with quote

Bring Back The Rush wrote:
The AFL already had a developmental league and it failed. They should not absorb the CIF and go through all the financial trouble again.

Agreed. But I say the entire sport of Indoor/Arena FB needs at least a loose governing body to try and promote the sport and guide the leagues for mutual benefit.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Expansion View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: