The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Pittsburgh?
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Pittsburgh?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Pittsburgh? Reply with quote

I know that the Pittsburgh Pulse thing was fake but on AFL Tonight Jim Robinson said that there is a possibility of a AFL return to Pittsburgh how likely is that?

RIP New Orleans VooDoo and Colorado Crush
VooDooNut
Ironman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Pittsburgh? Reply with quote

spiderfan_MJ wrote:
I know that the Pittsburgh Pulse thing was fake but on AFL Tonight Jim Robinson said that there is a possibility of a AFL return to Pittsburgh how likely is that?

Don't know but I'd love to see it
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would make sense because from what I'm aware of the Power had pretty good attendance.

SteelCityVoice
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power attendance was ticking upwards that final season including almost 10K for what ended up being the final home game.

Overall the numbers weren't great but when the team was good that final year some fans started showing up.

I'd love to see a team back here though and I know a lot of diehard Power fans who fell for and were crushed by that hoax. I tried to get them to curb their enthusiasm until things were confirmed/debunked but they ran with it.

Follow me on Twitter @SteelCityVoice
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelCityVoice wrote:
Power attendance was ticking upwards that final season including almost 10K for what ended up being the final home game.

Overall the numbers weren't great but when the team was good that final year some fans started showing up.

I'd love to see a team back here though and I know a lot of diehard Power fans who fell for and were crushed by that hoax. I tried to get them to curb their enthusiasm until things were confirmed/debunked but they ran with it.

I hope you guys in Pittsburgh get a team. Smile

LJWeirich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see arena football in Pittsburgh. The only question is would the people of "The Steel City" support a Pittsburgh AFL team
joshuahughes07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Arena Football in Pittsburgh Reply with quote

LJWeirich wrote:
I would like to see arena football in Pittsburgh. The only question is would the people of "The Steel City" support a Pittsburgh AFL team

I think Pittsburgh could support a AFL Team if the right ownership is found. Pittsburgh is a football town and it will give Pittsburgh fans a spring alternative to the Pirates.
mactheknife
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJWeirich wrote:

It depends at least in part on ticket pricing. When the Power "was turned on" in Pittsburgh, they almost immediately pissed off a large number of would-be devoted fans by pricing them out of good seating locations. But to be honest, ticket prices for all AFL 2.0 teams have been elevated beyond their actual value since 2010.
joshuahughes07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pittsburgh? Reply with quote

spiderfan_MJ wrote:

If the Arena Football League doesn't put another team in Pittsburgh, Maybe Pittsburgh could get a team in the National Arena League and see how that works before another team in the Arena Football League.
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the final Pittsburgh home game where they beat down the Soul was the only Power game I ever attended. I still have the give away hat from that game!
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Expansion View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: