The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - week 2 - 3 teams were allowed to start 2 Qbs - AGAIN !!
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
week 2 - 3 teams were allowed to start 2 Qbs - AGAIN !!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> ArenaFan.com - QuickPlay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Short Bus Kids

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: week 2 - 3 teams were allowed to start 2 Qbs - AGAIN !! Reply with quote

For the 2nd week several teams chose to by pass this years rules in regards to Quick play starting line ups and were allowed to start 2 qbs and were scored as such - can we please address this issue so we all are playing by the same rules Fair is fair and for the 2nd week in a row those of us who followed this yrs rules came up on the short end - Would love to hear how others feel about this and possible ways of fixing - IE start fresh with week 3 so we all are on a level playing field - thxs for your time - SBK
Reppact
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, as you know, there was a glitch that caused a few teams rosters to be frozen with week 1 starters no matter who was chosen to be on the roster. That has been fixed for the know teams (yours and mine). But will only be in effect starting week 3.

We'll identify who the other teams are and reset them to the same variables as everyone else.

Everything happens so fast, it's like playing football on a postage stamp - Lee Corso
Short Bus Kids

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Can,t we JUST start fresh in week 3 as all teams will be on equal grounds and problem solved ??? throw out weeks 1& 2 as there were problems thoughts ???
tracepack
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Hmm... Reply with quote

A suggestion, an observation and a few questions (not a complaint).

If the idea is to make it a fun and fair fantasy game this season a clear path is wipe stats and begin the game again in a later week. I remember the Fantasy Deluxe game was delayed last year due to glitches. Two weeks with folks having an unfair advantage will make it near impossible for teams playing quickplay by the rules to catch up. We can try and argue the roster glitches didn't give an advantage however it's the teams with illegal rosters at the top of the scored points list suggesting otherwise.

That being said the questions are as follows:

Is it possible to wipe new and start again?
How difficult is it to wipe new and start again (I.e. a week, two weeks, too much coding to handle)?
Is there an in-game solution to help level the playing field (I.e. keep playing and only tally from week 3 forward)?

The concern is if left as-is it's possible many players will drop participation and worse, membership to Arenafan may wane in the wake of losing both fantasy deluxe and quickplay.

I'm a die hard fantasy football player and really looking forward to a possible return to AFL fantasy deluxe next season so will be here rooting for the best possible outcome.

Good luck all and try to enjoy the game.
Short Bus Kids

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Quick pick solutions Reply with quote

Tracepack has some very good points to be considered - Any others have something to say, points of view or solutions ??? Don,t be shy !! or forever hold your tongue
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are considering clearing out the season scores and making the game start in week 3, because of the week 1-2 issues. We usually don't have the game go into the playoffs, but, considering the first week of the playoffs everyone is playing, we would also extend the game into the first playoff week.

If we do, it will be announced late this evening for week 3.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
slamhound

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like on 3 or 4 teams in top 10 have 2 qb's. I say just leave it alone. I'm in 20th with a good lineup both weeks. Just fix the fact a illegal lineup can be put in moving forward. I'm here to have fun not looking for supplemental income.
Sara's Sabercats

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Im game either way,I to had legal rosters OF 1 QB Reply with quote

slamhound wrote:
Looks like on 3 or 4 teams in top 10 have 2 qb's. I say just leave it alone. I'm in 20th with a good lineup both weeks. Just fix the fact a illegal lineup can be put in moving forward. I'm here to have fun not looking for supplemental income.
Sara's Sabercats

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Im game either way,I to had legal rosters OF 1 QB Reply with quote

It doesnt matter to me ,I feel I can make up the difference the few gained over the rest using a illegal roster...But If some want to start over I game for that to....
DiamondThief
All Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
We are considering clearing out the season scores and making the game start in week 3, because of the week 1-2 issues. We usually don't have the game go into the playoffs, but, considering the first week of the playoffs everyone is playing, we would also extend the game into the first playoff week.

If we do, it will be announced late this evening for week 3.

We could just let all the quick players make the playoffs!
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have fixed "illegal lineups" going forward (week 3+).

We will leave the game as is (not blow away weeks 1-2).

We WILL extend into the first weekend of the playoffs for the game though.

Short Bus Kids

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: illegal line-ups & forward Reply with quote

nice to know that some can be rewarded for illegal line-ups while those of us who play by the rules get nothing - POOR very POOR - but isn,t that the way of the world anyways ??? and so it goes- simple solution for simple minds
Reppact
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: illegal line-ups & forward Reply with quote

Short Bus Kids wrote:
nice to know that some can be rewarded for illegal line-ups while those of us who play by the rules get nothing - POOR very POOR - but isn,t that the way of the world anyways ??? and so it goes- simple solution for simple minds

While I understand your point, not everyone prospered from the 2-QB lineups. I was one of them. Because of the frozen lineups I just barely earned 100 points. Karma for week one, maybe, but still goes against your opinion. I did try to play fair and change my rosters, but was unable to.

All options to not make it worse were looked at. That's why it was decided to keep the game as is. Changes in code might not have been feasible.

Everything happens so fast, it's like playing football on a postage stamp - Lee Corso
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: illegal line-ups & forward Reply with quote

Short Bus Kids wrote:

In short... to what Reppact said... the "2 QB" lineups "advantage" was mitigated by the fact that there was a glitch with fixing the tool that made it so they couldn't update their lineups going into week 2, so, they were stuck with their week 1 lineups (couldn't change up to what were likely better players to switch to). So, it likely evened out.

And, as stated we are adding the first week of playoffs, so, there will be an additional week for people to "Catch up".

If we had a $10k prize (or even $100 prize) riding on the game, we'd likely look more into throwing out the weeks 1-2. Given that we don't have any promised prizes on the game right now, we are keeping it as is.

On another note, we will be working on some changes to the GUI that will hopefully make it work even better going forward:

* Better interface to choose players (drag & drop type interface, that will be mobile/tablet touch compatible), with more "stat research" built into the entry screen itself.
* Ability (like most other fantasy games) to update your lineups up to the game time of individual games (so, you'll be able to swap out players whose games haven't started yet, with other players whose games also haven't started yet, instead of locking the entire lineups before the first game).

We hope to have that out there by sometime mid-season.

Short Bus Kids

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: upgrades= More troubles Reply with quote

the " upgrades " could bring even more troubles as we could not even make the most simplest of changes to the previous line up requirements - best of luck - better yet make the changes NEXT year and leave it as is for rest of the year- I mean why invite problems ????? - " if it works don,t fix it " Mad
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: upgrades= More troubles Reply with quote

Short Bus Kids wrote:
the " upgrades " could bring even more troubles as we could not even make the most simplest of changes to the previous line up requirements - best of luck - better yet make the changes NEXT year and leave it as is for rest of the year- I mean why invite problems ????? - " if it works don,t fix it " Mad

I understand... all I can say is that we our best testing on it before we put it out... and we may just put it out there as a "BETA" link and leave the current screen there, so, both will be "usable".

And of course, if you aren't satisfied, you can go play one of the other many dozen's of AFL fantasy games on the web ;)

Short Bus Kids

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFDAVE - been part of quick since 2007 and have enjoyed the experience
but i must say that this year has been like no other - Maybe it has to the lack of respect for basic human values @ no time have demean anyone which is more than i believe you can say - IF the truth hurts so be it and please do not use it to stand in judgement of me as my actions speak for them self
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBK, my last comment was just a bit of a light-hearted joke (because, really, we are literally the ONLY game in town)... I think everything else i have stated about this has been above the board.

If you can accept that... thanks. If you can't... sorry we can't live up to your expectations. IMO, our passion actually has us doing stuff here that an official or "large corporation" site would never do (the level of stats you see here, the articles that get written, the games being run, etc)... but, on the flip side, things will happen, and we can't always be immediately on top of it, because we are not "CBS Interactive".

Short Bus Kids

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thxs for clearing up your off handed comment as it just rubbed me the wrong way - the quick pick ran well for a long time and maybe there is something to be learned - that better is not always that - peace
soup nazis
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: so much hostility over a fun game Reply with quote

I have been playing QuickPlay for a long time and have even won twice. I play it for fun and am currently in 4th place. (both lineups legal). I definitely don't want the first 2 weeks tossed. As long as the problems are fixed, let's go forward. There's way too much drama over this game. Remember, IT IS A GAME. Have fun. Play nice.

Ben
(Soup Nazis)
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> ArenaFan.com - QuickPlay View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: