The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Eddie Brown League Playoffs
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Eddie Brown League Playoffs
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> ArenaFan.com - ArenaFanTasy Deluxe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FirebirdDW
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Eddie Brown League Playoffs Reply with quote

Predicted match ups

#1 Georgia 9-4 (tracepack) vs. #4 Charlotte 5-7-1 (UFO)

#2 Washington 9-4 (FirebirdDW) vs. #3 San Diego 9-4 (legnbaz)

Thoughts?
af2 Albany Conquest Season Ticket Holder
af2 Albany Firebirds Season Ticket Holder
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Legnbaz
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't the tie breaker rules determine the first place seed?

Should be fun no matter what.
Legnbaz
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the playoffs, I think that those are supposed to evaluate head-to-head records.
UFO
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went through scoring, looks like both I and Quad City lost, have Quad City only losing by 6 so without LA/SPO box score nothing final yet but it looks like I will indeed go ass first into the playoffs on a losing note.

Hats off to Quad City for giving it a go towards the end, one of the hotter teams the last quarter of season, that they had a revolving door of QBs with their most experienced guy being Carson Coffman and the whole free agency mess they dealt with makes it that much more impressive. You other guys should be glad I am in and not him!

Great season everyone...brand new one starts next week...get ready I plan I trying to keep the title. If the above match-ups are indeed correct 2 of my 5 wins have come against Georgia...they were also my two highest scoring weeks...just saying Very Happy
FirebirdDW
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Tie breaker Reply with quote

After reviewing head to head match ups, I think San Diego may be the number 1 seed.

#2 Georgia vs. #3 Washington

#1 San Diego vs. #4 Charlotte

Unofficial
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
grego34
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to my count, i lost 87-94.. Benson usually gets me 1 td :( all well thats the breaks. I had fun this year and its been awhile since i did a deluxe league. Can i get Burley and Bonner for next year Smile? I 'd love to be in it again next year and i hope the free agent issue will be fixed then. Look out for UFO's Smile they are unpredictable and once seen they will amaze you Smile

Good luck in the playoffs!

Now to get things lined up for our NFL draft in about 2 weeks! I am glad i have a healthy AP Smile
Legnbaz
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Trace. Reagardless of the rules, it looks like we meet again in the playoffs. As always, best of luck. Great season all around. Well, except for the free agent cluster. Thanks to Grego and Frapper for hanging in there until the end. Best of luck also to FirebirdDW and UFO. I think that it was either Trace or Frapper who told me several years ago that the AFL fantasy game was wild and wooly. There is no doubt of the truth of that.
UFO
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grego, great year. Good luck in your NFL leagues. Great thing about the AFL it dovetails so nicely into NFL. Playing AFL reminds me a lot of the early days of NFL fantasy when you really had to do research and dig for information.

Would be great to keep the group together, hopefully there will be enough AFL teams next year, looks like Vegas and NO have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Anyhow good luck to those in the playoffs next week. To the others may the fantasy gods be on your side for your upcoming NFL seasons.
UFO
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grego, great year. Good luck in your NFL leagues. Great thing about the AFL it dovetails so nicely into NFL. Playing AFL reminds me a lot of the early days of NFL fantasy when you really had to do research and dig for information.

Would be great to keep the group together, hopefully there will be enough AFL teams next year, looks like Vegas and NO have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Anyhow good luck to those in the playoffs next week. To the others may the fantasy gods be on your side for your upcoming NFL seasons.
tracepack
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Great season Reply with quote

Yes, great season by everyone in our league including Rob (Frapper) who lost while scoring second most total points for the final week. Can't say enough good things about AFL fantasy occupying my time leading into NCAA and NFL fantasy. Exciting things to come this season. Looking very forward to our fantasy playoffs though I can't for the life of me figure out the seeding Confused
FirebirdDW
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Eddie Brown League Play-offs Reply with quote

Per ArenaFan

Week 17

#2 and #3
San Diego 9-4 (legnbaz/Mark) 1240 vs.
Georgia 9-4 (tracepack/Trace) 1433

#4 Charlotte 5-7-1 (UFO/Bill) 1105 vs.
#1 Washington 9-4 (FirebirdDW/Dave) 1352

Unsure how the seedings ended up like this, but that's the kind of season it has been.

Good luck everyone

ArenaFan-tasy Draft-Each playoff teams top 6 picks

#6,7,18,19,30,31 Washington
Raudabaugh, Windsor, Richardson (dropped), McDaniel, Williams (dropped), Shelley (dropped)

#3,10,15,22,27,34 Georgia
Ross, Boltus, Toliver, Jones, Pertuit, Moore

#2,11,14,23,26,35 San Diego
Davila, Morgan, Armstrong, Reed, Poots, Trevino

#1,12,13,24,25,36 Charlotte
Grady, Goodman, Hills, Washington, Bibbs, Lindholm

What players in your top six were dropped during the regular season?
UFO
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will not be a repeat champion this year. Congrats to Firebird for the much deserved 1st round win. Rough estimate I have the score 130 to 113. All your WRs had monster weeks and Raudabaugh continues to be the fantasy MVP this year!

Guys had a great time playing this year as always, look forward to doing it again next year. On to NFL fantasy to torture me for the next 5 or 6 months.

Good luck to the teams in the championship and I will see everyone next spring.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Thanks, Bill (UFO)
Legnbaz
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar congrats to Tracepack. Best of luck in the finals to you and Dave.
tracepack
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: First round Reply with quote

Thanks Bill and thanks Mark, another strong (postseason) finish for Charlotte and San Diego. Dave and I get to ride out the bye week and hope all of our teams and players are active in week 19. Looking forward to the matchup and hopefully a great finish for both teams.

Hope everyone has a great NFL (and NCAA if you play college) season ahead.
tracepack
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Answer Reply with quote

And in answer to your question Dave, I dropped Moore from my top six fairly early in the season. Due to the wacky draft requirements I had factored in the likelihood of using my backup FB as an early cut.
FirebirdDW
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Eddie Brown League Playoffs 2015 Reply with quote

Semifinals
Georgia 136 San Diego. 90
Washington. 131 Charolotte 113

Arena Bowl
Washington. 103 Georgia 77
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> ArenaFan.com - ArenaFanTasy Deluxe View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: