The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - ArenaBowl Roll Call
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
ArenaBowl Roll Call
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFLGuru
Ironman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: ArenaBowl Roll Call Reply with quote

If you're coming to the ArenaBowl, please check in and let us know what day you're going to be coming to Orlando! We expect to have an annoucement within a couple weeks about an exclusive ArenaFan event at the ArenaBowl!
bryan365

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: live here Reply with quote

live in orlando and cant wait
mhhome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: another Orlando resident Reply with quote

We live in Orlando. Excited to welcome arena fans and the Arena Bowl to the City Beautiful!
Dana87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Spring Hill/Tampa Reply with quote

I live in Spring Hill, 1 hour west or Orlando, and my buddy lives in Tampa, and hour southwest of Orlando. I plan on meeting him there earlier in the day and we plan to stay the night. If you guys have an event, it would be great to hear about it.

BTW, The Storm are giving free tickets to Arena Bowl to season ticket holders who renew the next couple of weeks.
pickeditagain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am already here, waiting on my ArenaFan brothers to arrive.
AFLGuru
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a bunch of Orlando fans for now. Anyone actually coming in from out of town?

FYI, anyone that wants to say hey at a game can just shoot me an email from the game (adam.markowitz@arenafan.com). This year, the fans can't access the media directly, but I'll come and meet you all if you want.
Old Man
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of going from Tampa but there are no tickets available in the lower area. All I can find are a few seats in the higher level. Seems to me that somebody is holding all the good seats since they are being reserved for "package deals." Well, they can keep them as far as I'm concerned. I'll just watch it on TV. Such a shame as I was going to drive over and spend a few days in Orlando. Oh well, guess they just don't want nor need my money! What a way to run a league.
AFLGuru
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Man wrote:
I was thinking of going from Tampa but there are no tickets available in the lower area. All I can find are a few seats in the higher level. Seems to me that somebody is holding all the good seats since they are being reserved for "package deals." Well, they can keep them as far as I'm concerned. I'll just watch it on TV. Such a shame as I was going to drive over and spend a few days in Orlando. Oh well, guess they just don't want nor need my money! What a way to run a league.

Predators season ticket holders have all of the lower bowl seats. That's why I think this is such a joke. If Orlando isn't in the game, all of the lower bowl seats are going to be empty. The upper deck might be 2/3 full if they're lucky, but they're going to be doing the same thing in Orlando that they did in New Orleans last year.... filling in seats downstairs by letting people come from upstairs.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFLGuru wrote:
Old Man wrote:

Predators season ticket holders have all of the lower bowl seats. That's why I think this is such a joke. If Orlando isn't in the game, all of the lower bowl seats are going to be empty. The upper deck might be 2/3 full if they're lucky, but they're going to be doing the same thing in Orlando that they did in New Orleans last year.... filling in seats downstairs by letting people come from upstairs.

True, although, one would imagine if Orlando gets knocked out after the first round (or gets bumped from the playoffs completely by New Orleans), that there should be a large "secondary" Arenabowl ticket market on things like StubHub, etc. for a few weeks before the game. Anyone like "old man" I don't think should worry about that, just wait until a week or two before the game, check Stubhub, you'll be able to get good seats.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
VooDooNut
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of coming and maybe buying tickets outside the stadium on game day is this allowed in Orlando?
AFLGuru
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VooDooNut wrote:
I was thinking of coming and maybe buying tickets outside the stadium on game day is this allowed in Orlando?

Oh yeah. Not allowed within something like 2 blocks of the arena, but the scalpers are all over the place.
Predz Crew105
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFLGuru wrote:
Old Man wrote:

I don't know why everyone on here thinks that if the Preds aren't in it then the fans won't show up. Everyone in our sec that we've talked to is going regardless if the Preds are there or not. I think with KISS performing halftime that should be enough to attract fans at least until halftime. I have 2 lower bowl seats and you could offer me whatever you want and I ain't selling my tix, regardless of who is playing.

Orlando has proven to be a hotbed for Arena football over the years so I have no doubts that our fans won't show up, this ain't New Orleans or Vegas.
AFLGuru
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry PredzCrew, but this ain't 2008 anymore. In '08, I would've agreed with you. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see more than maybe a third of the season ticket holders coming to the ArenaBowl. Selling off their tickets, maybe. But actually going? I tend to doubt it.
Predz Crew105
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFLGuru wrote:
Sorry PredzCrew, but this ain't 2008 anymore. In '08, I would've agreed with you. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see more than maybe a third of the season ticket holders coming to the ArenaBowl. Selling off their tickets, maybe. But actually going? I tend to doubt it.

If Tampa, Jax or the Preds aren't in the game, who is everyone gonna sell there tix to? Sorry, but Arena fans haven't really showed me that there gonna travel, maybe a 1,000 Philly fans might show up if there in it, but I doubt it. Then out West I don't see too many AZ or Spokane fans traveling cross country either.

If people think there gonna have an easy pay day selling there tix off, I think there nuts, I'm just not seeing the demand unless its a FL team is in it. And I just find it hard to believe that we average over 10k a gameright now and just cause the Preds aren't there half the people won't show up. Its a Sat afternoon in August, not like there's a whole lot going on, rather than the theme parks, which most locals avoid this time of year.

On a side note I think its pretty funny the Arena Bowl T-Shirts there handing out to season ticket holders, with a pic of TT and Garcia on it and the ArenaBowl logo.
SabrCatFan
MVP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL in Aug??? Even if you paid $50 for the ticket and you gave it to me, not a chance in hell... Thank you, very much!!!

Adam, you're right... Neutral site AB are worthless draws with a sell out never to happen unless they get lucky and the home team makes the grade... Or, perhaps their 100 miles or so apart (Orl/TB/Jac) or div rivals (SJ/AZ/Spo)... Oh, wait, that can't happen again, never mind... So far (including this year) 0 for neutral and it'll never be any different...
JStorm
Ironman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother goin unless you live in Orlando. I went to 3 neutral site ArenaBowls and 3 Arena Cups. never again since the league really became a train wreck!
NanIndy
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I win the trip there, well yes, I'll be there for sure! Anyone win it yet???
iceman879
All Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a homer if you want, but if the Preds aren't in it, I simply don't care and won't be in attendance.

I find it odd that a NEUTRAL SITE ARENA BOWL, yet every Preds season ticket holder was given a FREE ticket to the Arenabowl. Not very friendly to the rest of the league, and definitely a horrible way to attract any fans to travel to the game from out of state.

Rather I think this just proves that they KNOW neutral site doesn't work and we'll probably only get 1000 or so fans total to travel to the game, so let's give out free tickets and just hope the arena looks mostly full for TV.

Oh I'll hold onto my ticket until the Preds are out of the playoffs, hoping to see the preds play another Arenabowl in the Jungle, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If the Preds are out, I'm out.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
SabrCatFan
MVP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceman879 wrote:
Call me a homer if you want, but if the Preds aren't in it, I simply don't care and won't be in attendance.

I find it odd that a NEUTRAL SITE ARENA BOWL, yet every Preds season ticket holder was given a FREE ticket to the Arenabowl. Not very friendly to the rest of the league, and definitely a horrible way to attract any fans to travel to the game from out of state.

This is why neutral site ABs are the wave of the future and the ONLY way Arenaball can survive... Next season the AFL MiniLite league offices are gonna be beating network TV off with dozens and dozens of really really big sticks... Cuz who cares about national TV, we're talking international...
rattlersforever
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my Airline and Hotel Reservations, but will only go if and when the my home team are in the game. Because I am a senior I got fares that are 100 percent refundable and hotel rates that can be canceled the day before. I am assuming that I will be easily able to pick up Arena Bowl tickets when and if we go. I know a lot of people think the neutral site is the way to go but for home field is the way to go.

Also, I think the best way to pick a champ is to have the top eight teams in the league go to the playoffs not the current divisional structure. The eight team scenario will breed the best two teams for the National exposure that the AFL so badly needs.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: