The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - This is the biggest mistake yet
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
This is the biggest mistake yet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geauxvoodoo
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: This is the biggest mistake yet Reply with quote

nuff said
grego34
All Pro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better try and get it better esatblished here in the good ole USA first and then go over seas or where ever the money is.. too many teams leaving or reinventing there selves. 3 less teams from last year i see. Confused After 25 yrs its still not quite established.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated in some threads on the main boards.... looks at everyone involved with "AFL Global".... it is all Soul staff & ownership. So, the AFL just let them use the AFL brand to do this, otherwise, I don't think there is any skin from the AFL in this, or if it is, it isn't much.

Now, as someone pointed out, the Soul are up for sale, so, one might say they think there is more upside in playing Arenaball in foreign countries than here... time will tell if they are right.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
BlazeOManiac
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of league involvement is probably the best thing that they have going for them. I'm sure that Kurz will make a curtsey (like he does at every broadcast game - assuming he still has a job after he screwed up Chicago), but aside from that, the league will and should focus on making things work here.
cflsteve
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

International expansion should start a little closer to home North of the Boarder in Canada. Finding one or two cities where the Arena League can find its niche.
The CFL has really gone to the Arena League for import players. A team in a Canadian city would open up to a new pool of players from the CIS and some Canadian CFL fringe players.
Saskatoon is on a boom cycle and at one time showed interest in the AFL before the lockout.
In correponding with the 67's PR department the OSEG or other ownership group is considering an Areana Franchise in the future in the newly refurbished civic center adding another tenant to the 10,000 plus seat venue that will e right in the middle of all of the action of the Landsdowne park Project.
I have mentioned this in other threads but seemed oppropriate for this one also.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL International View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: