The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Video Game Idea
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Video Game Idea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tba_b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Video Game Idea Reply with quote

I went looking on the Xbox Live Arcade Indie Games page and saw that the NLL has two games on there. How hard would it be for the AFL to have a different company (besides EA Sports because its obvious they dont want any part of the AFL anymore) create a game?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
forcefootballforever

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Game Idea Reply with quote

I dont know which company could make the game but i know someone could! ive thought about getting some ideas written down and maybe pitching the game somehow to an indie company like you said. It may not sell like madden but i would be guaranteed entertainment for us AFL lovers and those who want a good escape from the regular sports games on these newer consoles

Theres still a few of us Force faithful around...
JC Diggs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to work at EA Sports. The major pain for any company deciding to make an AFL game, aside from the low number of copies it would sell (let's be honest, here), is the heavy turnover in rosters each year. And even during the season. The game would be heavily dated before it even hits the rack.
forcefootballforever

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true JC. I was thinking though, what if they took a generic approach to the rosters like NCAA? just give everyone a position and number for their name? or would that be out-of-bounds since the AFL is a professional league?

JC Diggs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty good idea. Or have all the players available on the game and allow gamers to make their own rosters. That would be cool.
forcefootballforever

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! the game idea may not make it to a full disc release but it would be pretty sweet to have something like that online available for a download! i wouldnt know who to swing it to though.... Neutral

tba_b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forcefootballforever wrote:
Thanks! the game idea may not make it to a full disc release but it would be pretty sweet to have something like that online available for a download! i wouldnt know who to swing it to though.... Neutral

Let me do some snooping around on the Xbox site and also on Steam (PC Digital Download that has LOTS of indie games) and see if I can get some info!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
forcefootballforever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for a long delay in response! any info?

NATUREBOY98

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC Diggs wrote:
I used to work at EA Sports. The major pain for any company deciding to make an AFL game, aside from the low number of copies it would sell (let's be honest, here), is the heavy turnover in rosters each year. And even during the season. The game would be heavily dated before it even hits the rack.

Its funny that you said (lets be honest here) because chances are you are not being honest about working for EA sports lol.

Madden rosters are always heavily dated before it hits the rack.

EA is not losing money making a game. It probably cost one dollar to make one game more or less idk but selling a game for 20,30,40 or 50 dollars there making profit no matter how small there sales are.

EA keeps making those sucky arena football wanna be games,They need to stop making the wanna be games and make the real thing.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Video Games View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: