The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - AAF box scores?
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
AAF box scores?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dknhipt wrote:
TargetToad wrote:
by the way, the NAL still doesnt have an article for their 2018 season.

Well, Jesse, what's stopping you?
I'm not allowed to create a Wikipedia article or edit an existing one because I entered the wrong info on Joe Hills's Wikipedia page about his time in the CAFL (I put down the wrong team and some other guys stats. I think I also said he played Beijing when he actually played for Dalian; it's since been corrected by someone else.)
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
The announced attendance for Sunday’s Express-Iron game was 17,039. Those who gathered at Legion Field on an overcast, chilly Birmingham afternoon made their presence known, creating a nice environment. **

Stop making bull**** excuses. They sold tickets to this game for months in advance. It was the first game in the team's history - a "don't want to miss event" if you give even a remote damn about a team... something I know first hand because in 1993 I drove 3,000 miles round trip to see a Major League Baseball team make its debut. We got hit by a hurricane during our trip for good measure.

We made the ****ing game.

You think a little clouds and cold weather is going to stop people, in football-insane Birmingham Alabama, from attending a game? Puh-f***ing-leeze.
ssnapier
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:
The announced attendance for Sunday’s Express-Iron game was 17,039. Those who gathered at Legion Field on an overcast, chilly Birmingham afternoon made their presence known, creating a nice environment. **

Stop making bull**** excuses. They sold tickets to this game for months in advance. It was the first game in the team's history - a "don't want to miss event" if you give even a remote damn about a team... something I know first hand because in 1993 I drove 3,000 miles round trip to see a Major League Baseball team make its debut. We got hit by a hurricane during our trip for good measure.

You think a little clouds and cold weather is going to stop people, in football-insane Birmingham Alabama, from attending a game? Puh-f***ing-leeze.

I do not see that as an apples to apples comparison. This is a brand new league with relatively unknown players and an unknown product quality. An MLB expansion team is at least something you have data on. You know the league, you will probably know some of the players and the "history" of it all will probably matter longer than a startup football league which might be the latest in a long string of failures. Give it time.

Let's just kick back and see what happens here.
dknhipt
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
I'm not allowed to create a Wikipedia article or edit an existing one because I entered the wrong info on Joe Hills's Wikipedia page about his time in the CAFL (I put down the wrong team and some other guys stats

I dreamed I saw Joe Hills last night, as live as you and me!
ssnapier
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
I'm not allowed to create a Wikipedia article or edit an existing one because I entered the wrong info on Joe Hills's Wikipedia page

Create a new account!
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:

I do not see that as an apples to apples comparison. This is a brand new league with relatively unknown players and an unknown product quality. An MLB expansion team is at least something you have data on. You know the league, you will probably know some of the players and the "history" of it all will probably matter longer than a startup football league which might be the latest in a long string of failures. Give it time.

No, it's not, but let's stop kidding ourselves here. "The weather was bad" in Birmingham, Phoenix, Uranus or wherever else he's yanking stuff simply isn't the reason attendance was poor.
AFLNerd36
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
ssnapier wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:

No, it's not, but let's stop kidding ourselves here. "The weather was bad" in Birmingham, Phoenix, Uranus or wherever else he's yanking stuff simply isn't the reason attendance was poor.

The lack of a solid surface or breathable atmosphere is a good reason for not attending a game on Uranus, not to mention that the winds in that planet's atmosphere are over 400 miles per hour... plus, there's that distance thing to concern yourself with....
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
The lack of a solid surface or breathable atmosphere is a good reason for not attending a game on Uranus, not to mention that the winds in that planet's atmosphere are over 400 miles per hour... plus, there's that distance thing to concern yourself with....

Banana oil... real football players are tough enough not to let p***y obstacles like that divert them from VICTORY!
ArenaSoul
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:

Banana oil... real football players are tough enough not to let p***y obstacles like that divert them from VICTORY!

I say let's make a game on Uranus happen. Maybe Elon Musk would want to help?
ArenaKen
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for as small as the crowds were, they sure were loud.
dknhipt
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArenaKen wrote:
for as small as the crowds were, they sure were loud.
+1
4th&long
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That birmingham crowd looked larger than 17k given its a 72k seat stad.
4th&long
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:

Ssanpier -exactly

BTW they did fine. not great, a bit under the 20k target but not bad
AFLNerd36
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArenaSoul wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:

I say let's make a game on Uranus happen. Maybe Elon Musk would want to help?

He'd probably start out with making a game on Mars happen first... then Ganymede... then Titan... then build two successful "cloud cities" on Saturn... then, when he's like, 90, we would see a game on Uranus.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussion View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: