The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS"
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawg2Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS" Reply with quote

I am very excited about the return of Arena Football to Columbus. It seems there is very little time to come up with a name, (we already have one) and get tryouts set up and hire the front office. But, all that aside. I AM READY! LETS GO COLUMBUS.. BRING THE PAIN!!

Yes, I am Dawg1Man from the Destroyer Days!!
Furrey4
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS" Reply with quote

Dawg2Man wrote:
I am very excited about the return of Arena Football to Columbus. It seems there is very little time to come up with a name, (we already have one) and get tryouts set up and hire the front office. But, all that aside. I AM READY! LETS GO COLUMBUS.. BRING THE PAIN!!

Wow THE Dawg Man is back!! One of the true OGs, this is hype!
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm... hi

Cool
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS" Reply with quote

Furrey4 wrote:
Dawg2Man wrote:

Welcome back: Dave, Bear, Ken, Desperado, & Reappact are the only ones from the old days, the main feud is 4thandLong vs. Mactheknife, our favorite pastime is making fun of the AAL (also known as the UPS league) & the NGL (minor league crap), the Rattlers are now in the IFL, and I complain about the Tampa Bay Storm being gone at least twice a week.

At least T.T. Toliver and Clevan Thomas are still playing. (Also, if anyone says "T.T." they're probably referring to me (Jesse), not Antoine Toliver Laughing).

TL;DC: Nice to meet you.
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS" Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
Welcome back: Dave, Bear, Ken, Desperado, & Reappact are the only ones from the old days, the main feud is 4thandLong vs. Mactheknife, our favorite pastime is making fun of the AAL (also known as the UPS league) & the NGL (minor league crap), the Rattlers are now in the IFL, and I complain about the Tampa Bay Storm being gone at least twice a week.

At least T.T. Toliver and Clevan Thomas are still playing. (Also, if anyone says "T.T." they're probably referring to me (Jesse), not Antoine Toliver Laughing).

TL;DC: Nice to meet you.[/quote]

Yeah... what Frog said I guess... welcome back.
SabrCatFan
MVP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Dawg...

There's still a few of us hangin around but are bored with the Always Failing League...
dknhipt
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys are now the brothers from other mothers that I never really met. Since my BFF lives in C'bus, there is a chance that I may eventually see you at a Destroyers II game, since I would say that the odds of Nashville Kats III are very near zero ...
Reppact
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home D2M!

Everything happens so fast, it's like playing football on a postage stamp - Lee Corso
Big Mike
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to "Jaws and Ted's Excellent Adventure".
Coming in six months, the sequel: "Jaws and Ted File For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection".
gigisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reppact wrote:
Welcome home D2M!

Bentornato (Welcome back) Very Happy

Giancarlo (fan of the AFL since 1990) Cool
ArenaFan #1 in Italy
ArenaFan AFL Pick'Em 2008 Champion
cyn
All Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Mike wrote:
Welcome to "Jaws and Ted's Excellent Adventure"

Laughing Laughing
thespiritof1976
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS" Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
At least T.T. Toliver and Clevan Thomas are still playing.

T.T. Toliver has been playing so long that he was a Bucs practice squad member the year they won the Super Bowl. So technically, but not really, but kinda, in a way, if you look at things from a certain point of view, the Bucs SB 37 team still has one remaining active player.

Although he didn't get a SB ring. Which I don't agree with, BTW. Some teams give practice squad players rings and treat them like any other player on the roster.
Dawg2Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS" Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
Furrey4 wrote:
Dawg2Man wrote:

TL;DC: Nice to meet you.

I had TT Toliver hand me a ball after scoring a touchdown in Columbus one year! LOL I was giving him such a hard time and he found a way to shut me up for a bit. I handed the ball to a kid and the made his day!
Dawg2Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Dawg1Man Reply with quote

I would like to get my old username back, but I can't get any help to get a new password! Anyone have an idea?
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Dawg1Man Reply with quote

Dawg2Man wrote:
I would like to get my old username back, but I can't get any help to get a new password! Anyone have an idea?

Dawg2... as a staff member here, the issue is that your email address on your old account doesn't match what you have on the new one... don't know if you still have access to that old address still or not.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
Dawg2Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Columbus AFL "DESTROYERS" Reply with quote

Furrey4 wrote:
Dawg2Man wrote:

I remember you Furrey! It's been a long time! It's nice to be remembered!
Dawg2Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:
ummmm... hi

Cool

Hi.. What's the Brigade?
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawg2Man wrote:
Hi.. What's the Brigade?

Which version?

You have been gone a while, haven't you... Smile

Brigade...

Original version played in Kansas City. Became the "Kansas City Command" for reasons that defy logic. Folded.

Current rendition play in Baltimore, owned along with Washington (and Columbus) by Ted Leonsis and Monumental Sports (guys who own the Washington Caps, Bullet... uh, Wizards, their WNBA team and other sports properties). Baltimore was slapped together a few years ago on about, what fellas, 90 days notice, in order to keep the league from folding.
ssnapier
All Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was 60 days, but yeah.
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
Dawg2Man wrote:
Hi.. What's the Brigade?

Which version?

You have been gone a while, haven't you... Smile

Brigade...

Original version played in Kansas City. Became the "Kansas City Command" for reasons that defy logic. Folded.

Current rendition play in Baltimore, owned along with Washington (and Columbus) by Ted Leonsis and Monumental Sports (guys who own the Washington Caps, Bullet... uh, Wizards, their WNBA team and other sports properties). Baltimore was slapped together a few years ago on about, what fellas, 90 days notice, in order to keep the league from folding.
I miss the Tampa Bay Sterm.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: