The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - NGL Signings
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
NGL Signings
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Other Indoor Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam Veeley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: NGL Signings Reply with quote

https://www.nationalgridiron.com/news/league-continues-to-sign-big-time-talent
Watch out AFL the NGL is coming for you.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is interesting some of the names... goes to show once you hit a certain age, if you haven't "made it" at a level that keeps you for a long time in the NFL, the NFL (and even maybe CFL/AAF/XFL level) think you aren't ever going to "make it"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amari_Spievey

He had 3 ok years in the NFL... 5 career interceptions. But, he is 30 now, and, to be honest, the NGL being your best option isn't a great indication of where the "football community" thinks your abilities are.

As much as some may want to spin these names for the NGL, it is more of an indication that he couldn't get a look from the CFL... AAF... AFL... IFL... NAL... unless there is some ironclad pay contract I'm not aware of with the NGL, any of those would be more financially secure options than the NGL.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
AFLNerd36
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
It is interesting some of the names... goes to show once you hit a certain age, if you haven't "made it" at a level that keeps you for a long time in the NFL, the NFL (and even maybe CFL/AAF/XFL level) think you aren't ever going to "make it"...

He had 3 ok years in the NFL... 5 career interceptions. But, he is 30 now, and, to be honest, the NGL being your best option isn't a great indication of where the "football community" thinks your abilities are.

As much as some may want to spin these names for the NGL, it is more of an indication that he couldn't get a look from the CFL... AAF... AFL... IFL... NAL... unless there is some ironclad pay contract I'm not aware of with the NGL, any of those would be more financially secure options than the NGL.

This is a desperation signing, in my opinion....
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:

Maybe some of these guys have actual real big boy jobs in the prospective cities they now play for chump change in.
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: NGL Signings Reply with quote

Adam Veeley wrote:

Ted's shitting in his shoes, I'm sure... Rolling Eyes
Adam Veeley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NGL Signings Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
Adam Veeley wrote:

They certainly have more teams then Ted.
ssnapier
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 35 players on a few of these rosters... yikes! I have no idea how deep the pockets are behind this, but someone is certainly ambitious!
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: NGL Signings Reply with quote

Adam Veeley wrote:

I could have more teams than Ted. That wouldn't make me one whit better than him in any way, shape or form."
Adam Veeley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:
There are 35 players on a few of these rosters... yikes! I have no idea how deep the pockets are behind this, but someone is certainly ambitious!

Training camp invitees with no guarenteed money.
ssnapier
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From their rule book:

NGL Rule Book wrote:
1.4 Team Rosters
A. Each team may dress a maximum of twenty two (22) players for a game, which is called the Active Roster.
B. The Active Roster of all dressed players shall be submitted to the Referee and the opposing teamís Head Coach at least one (1) hour prior to kickoff.
C. The identity of all players may be subject to review by the Referee. Each player must have picture identification in the event such identification becomes necessary.
D. Each team is permitted to have a maximum of six (6) additional players, undressed for a game on their total team roster.
E. Additional undressed for game players are to be designated as Inactive Roster Players.
ssnapier
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another interesting rule:

NGL Rule Book wrote:
. Eye shields must be clear. No tinted eye shields of any kind or color are permitted unless the player has a prescription/letter/medical form from a certified Optometrist (not a team physician/doctor) on file with the League Office. If so, only lightly tinted shields are allowed.
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: NGL Signings Reply with quote

Adam Veeley wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
Adam Veeley wrote:

If the number of teams was the only measure that mattered, the AAL would be the best non-nfl football league (15 teams).
dknhipt
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:
From their rule book:

NGL Rule Boook wrote:

D. Each team is permitted to have a maximum of six (6) additional players, undressed for a game on their total team roster.
E. Additional undressed for game players are to be designated as Inactive Roster Players.

I hope that the undressed players will be allowed to put on robes that say "Inactive" on them so that no one gets embarrassed!
ssnapier
All Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dknhipt wrote:
ssnapier wrote:
From their rule book:

NGL Rule Boook wrote:

I hope that the undressed players will be allowed to put on robes that say "Inactive" on them so that no one gets embarrassed!

LOL Balloon LOL Balloon LOL Balloon
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: NGL Signings Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
Adam Veeley wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
Adam Veeley wrote:

If the number of teams was the only measure that mattered, the AAL would be the best non-nfl football league (15 teams).

And the ABA must be the greatest sports league IN THE WORLD! ;)

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Other Indoor Leagues View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: