The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Other Indoor Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firebirds89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

a trademark for the Orlando Predators has been filed by the same legal correspondent who filed the trademark for the New York City Streets. Orlando is expected to be the second newest franchise in the National Arena League in 2019. Stay tuned to Inside the Arena for updates.

Too bad...really hoping for tampa and orlando to come back when leauge gets more stable....with orlando looking like Its going to NAL bet Tampa soon follows...
Jntg4
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAL also made New York official yesterday
firebirds89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashville Katz also filed trademark for NAL
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Tampa is coming back Crying or Very sad
mactheknife
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

firebirds89 wrote:
a trademark for the Orlando Predators has been filed by the same legal correspondent who filed the trademark for the New York City Streets. Orlando is expected to be the second newest franchise in the National Arena League in 2019. Stay tuned to Inside the Arena for updates.

Too bad...really hoping for tampa and orlando to come back when leauge gets more stable....with orlando looking like Its going to NAL bet Tampa soon follows...

TargetToad? You just missed out, buddy.
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
firebirds89 wrote:

TargetToad? You just missed out, buddy.
frack, I knew I forget something.
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

firebirds89 wrote:

This would be great for the NAL the JAX Orlando rivalry I wonder if Brett will be the owner...

rattlers, shock, barnstormers and now the preds...now thats pathetic
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nystreetsfootball.com/
pdxthunder1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Nashville Katz Reply with quote

firebirds89 wrote:
Nashville Katz also filed trademark for NAL
Yes, the NAL filed a trademark for the Katz and Arena Football Talk was the first site to report on that back when we found it last year. Since then it sounds like Nashville didn't materialize, but things could change.
mactheknife
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:

You could have blocked an Orlando Predators resurrection single-handedly my young friend, had only you acted on the suggestion I gave you. We both missed out on some serious fun in the process.

And for everyone else, I'll let you in on it: TT and I were going to set up a Florida corporation called "Orlando Predators, Inc." (it's legal to reuse corporate names in some states after certain periods of time have lapsed; this is one). Then, had someone filed an Orlando Predators trademark petition been filed? We would've been in a position to claim possible infringement - and get TT a little settlement of some sort (maybe lifetime season tickets, maybe cash).

I posed the idea to him 5 days ago, and would've pulled the trigger had he simply sent me his mailing address. I'dve handled the filing from here in North Carolina (that's one of my business services I do for start-up firms) and covered the $70 filing fee for him. But he didn't get me the address in time. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
4th&long
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

You could have blocked an Orlando Predators resurrection single-handedly my young friend, had only you acted on the suggestion I gave you. We both missed out on some serious fun in the process.

And for everyone else, I'll let you in on it: TT and I were going to set up a Florida corporation called "Orlando Predators, Inc." (it's legal to reuse corporate names in some states after certain periods of time have lapsed; this is one). Then, had someone filed an Orlando Predators trademark petition been filed? We would've been in a position to claim possible infringement - and get TT a little settlement of some sort (maybe lifetime season tickets, maybe cash).

I posed the idea to him 5 days ago, and would've pulled the trigger had he simply sent me his mailing address. I'dve handled the filing from here in North Carolina (that's one of my business services I do for start-up firms) and covered the $70 filing fee for him. But he didn't get me the address in time. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Something tells me Toad doesn't want to waste- smaht
mactheknife
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:

Waste... what?
The only thing I needed from him was to know his mailing address.
I was prepared to take care of everything else.
It would've been a fun gag.
TT could've said he was a Tampa Bay Storm fan who literally owned the Orlando Predators.
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:

Waste... what?
The only thing I needed from him was to know his mailing address.
I was prepared to take care of everything else.
TT could've said he was a Tampa Bay Storm fan who literally owned the Orlando Predators.
oh crap. I thought you needed my credit card info. That's why I hesitated (way too long, sadly)
mactheknife
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
oh crap. I thought you needed my credit card info. That's why I hesitated (way too long, sadly)

What? Naw, man. I never asked for that. A mailing address was the only piece of information I needed - I'dve paid for it, just for the gag value - a goofy ass Christmas present.
toad8098

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York Streets is playing at the Westchester Community Center. Having been there, it's a dump. Poor facilities, below average concessions and the locker rooms are on the fourth floor. They do say they'll play one or two games at Madison Square Garden. Rolling Eyes
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

What? Naw, man. I never asked for that. A mailing address was the only piece of information I needed - I'dve paid for it, just for the gag value - a goofy ass Christmas present.
Dammit. I thought I needed to give you my debit card nimber or something.
dknhipt
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toad8098 wrote:
The New York Streets is playing at the Westchester Community Center. Having been there, it's a dump. Poor facilities, below average concessions and the locker rooms are on the fourth floor. They do say they'll play one or two games at Madison Square Garden. Rolling Eyes

So, a place kick off of that scoreboard will be what, a live ball? A dead ball? The NAL equivalent of "off the net"?

How will playing at MSG in front of 3216 people "legitimize" the NAL in some way which it currently lacks?
4th&long
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

The NY Knicks G league and WNBA play there - its a lower tiered arena for lower tiered sports - from that perspective its likely perfect for the NAL

Can they get 1800-2000 there a night? is the question
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Orlando Predators looks like new NAL expansion team Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
TargetToad wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

The NY Knicks G league and WNBA play there - its a lower tiered arena for lower tiered sports - from that perspective its likely perfect for the NAL

Can they get 1800-2000 there a night? is the question
James Dolan, the owner of the NBA Knicks, owns the G-League and WNBA Liberty teams, and thus likely gets a better deal and cheaper rent than a non-NBA/NHL owner like the Streets group.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Other Indoor Leagues View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: