The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - NAL expands to New York!
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
NAL expands to New York!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Other Indoor Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nalfootballfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

Back in July, www.arenafootballtalk.com posted an article stating the National Arena League was headed to New York. Today, the NAL officially confirmed the expansion to New York after months of hard-work. The National Arena League expects to hold a press conference on Tuesday, December 18 in New York City, where the team will announce its ownership, team name, colors, logo, arena, season ticket information and staff.
---------------------
Here is today's NAL Press Release: http://nationalarenaleague.com/news-m/747-the-national-arena-league-comes-to-the-big-apple.html

"ATLANTA – The National Arena League Board of Advisors has unanimously approved an expansion team for the New York City market to play in the 2019 season. The National Arena League expects to hold a press conference on Tuesday, December 18 in New York City, where the team will announce its ownership, team name, colors, logo, arena, season ticket information and staff.

Expansion in 2018 proved very successful, as the NAL witnessed the Massachusetts Pirates, Maine Mammoths, and Carolina Cobras succeed on and off the field. The Massachusetts Pirates had the regular seasons’ best record, the Carolina Cobras became the National Arena League Champions and the Maine Mammoths earned Franchise of the Year in the National Arena League."
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRAGONS DRAGONS DRAGONS. Also, I hope a 2nd NAL expansion team is announced for 2019
nalfootballfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
DRAGONS DRAGONS DRAGONS. Also, I hope a 2nd NAL expansion team is announced for 2019

Orlando is the on the clock for 2019 NAL Expansion, sources report. Wink
4th&long
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nalfootballfan wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Orlando is the on the clock for 2019 NAL Expansion, sources report. Wink

U R the kiss of death
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:

Ahem.

Put it this way. I'd be surprised if "New York Streets" was the name.
jetsrule128

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where the press conference is being held?

Looks like no media outlets said anything in the morning Newspaper about this

When the XFL New York Team was announced it was everywhere
SackThe_Back
All Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Ahem.

He knows somthing...

Atlantic City AFL team name ideas:
Atlantic City Aces; AC Rampage; AC Talons; AC SurfSharks;
AC Nets; NJ Express; NJ Metros; AC/NJ Marauders
Ecclesiastes 2:18
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SackThe_Back wrote:
He knows somthing...

That's your inference. I didn't say that.

:whistling:
4th&long
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

nalfootballfan wrote:
Back in July, www.arenafootballtalk.com posted an article stating the National Arena League was headed to New York. Today, the NAL officially confirmed the expansion to New York after months of hard-work. The National Arena League expects to hold a press conference on Tuesday, December 18 in New York City, where the team will announce its ownership, team name, colors, logo, arena, season ticket information and staff.
---------------------
Here is today's NAL Press Release: http://nationalarenaleague.com/news-m/747-the-national-arena-league-comes-to-the-big-apple.html

"ATLANTA – The National Arena League Board of Advisors has unanimously approved an expansion team for the New York City market to play in the 2019 season. The National Arena League expects to hold a press conference on Tuesday, December 18 in New York City, where the team will announce its ownership, team name, colors, logo, arena, season ticket information and staff.

Expansion in 2018 proved very successful, as the NAL witnessed the Massachusetts Pirates, Maine Mammoths, and Carolina Cobras succeed on and off the field. The Massachusetts Pirates had the regular seasons’ best record, the Carolina Cobras became the National Arena League Champions and the Maine Mammoths earned Franchise of the Year in the National Arena League."

Great news for NAL. Does it end here or are more coming? And what of LV?
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
And what of LV?

LV? Who in NAL circles has ever mentioned LV?
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
nalfootballfan wrote:
---------------------

Great news for NAL. Does it end here or are more coming? And what of LV?

Last I saw, Lehigh Valley was trying to get new ownership.

RIP New Orleans VooDoo and Colorado Crush
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

spiderfan_MJ wrote:
Last I saw, Lehigh Valley was trying to get new ownership.

Forget my previous post. I reflexively translated "LV" into "Las Vegas." I was among those who expressed interest in acquiring the team, and yet the "Lehigh Valley" regional moniker never comes to my mind immediately (it sure didn't in this case); I always think "Allentown."
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:
And what of LV?

LV means Lehigh Valley when talking about the NAL, not Las Vegas. Also, I doubt Lehigh Valley is going to get moved since Rob Storm bought them. If anything, Having the NY Dragons around helps the Steel Hawks since the Dragons give Lehigh Valley a really close road game. Like High School football close.
4th&long
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:
And what of LV?

LV means Lehigh Valley when talking about the NAL, not Las Vegas. Also, I doubt Lehigh Valley is going to get moved since Rob Storm bought them. If anything, Having the NY Dragons around helps the Steel Hawks since the Dragons give Lehigh Valley a really close road game. Like High School football close.

I don't think that Rob Storm bought them - that was an early rumor that seems to be incorrect. There has been no activity for LV.
LV would be a big loss for NAL.
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
I don't think that Rob Storm bought them - that was an early rumor that seems to be incorrect. There has been no activity for LV.

It would be. While I won't violate the NDA I executed, I saw enough of the big picture to understand why most would be scared off from an acquisition - though I want to emphasize that I'm not all suggesting that such fright is caused by any of the typical reasons you'd think would apply (e.g., woefully inadequate revenues, an onerous arena lease, unusual expenses, etc.)

Lehigh Valley was actually remarkably attractive to me save two points: the first was the fact that it was in Allentown and I'd have to either (i) move there or (ii) shuttle back and forth, neither of which I considered practicable. The second was that saw what two of what I refer to as "Jenga Blocks:" an element which, if removed from the equation, would cause collapse of the rest. They were both seemingly firmly in place, but the risk of either of them being loosened, by an ownership transition or otherwise? Scared me off. I had no reason to suspect those pieces wouldn't be there... I just contemplated how things would be without either of them and envisioned the worst-case scenario of their absence.
4th&long
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:

It would be. .

exactly
mactheknife
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:

It would be. .

exactly

I feel a need to clarify something. What I agree with is the sentiment that Lehigh Valley folding would be a big loss for the NAL. Lehigh Valley being bought and relocated? That would be a big loss for Allentown, but not necessarily the NAL.

One of the things Mike Clark wanted, and one of the things I respect about him as a man, is that he really wants that team to continue as part of that community. It's a small reason I ultimately withdrew from discussions - I couldn't guarantee that'd be the case long term based on what I saw, both there and even more to the point in the disruption the acquisition would've caused my personal life. But I promised Mike from the outset that if I wound up buying the team? I would not move it. Period.

Maybe someone else has stepped in with intent of keeping it there. Maybe someone else has but has plans to move it, and Mike felt no option but to sell. Maybe the league took over the franchise. I honestly don't know what's taken place since I withdrew myself from the discussions. But I hope Mike gets what he wanted - the team to stay in the Allentown market, indefinitely.
4th&long
Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: NAL expands to New York! Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
4th&long wrote:

It would be. .

exactly

I feel a need to clarify something. What I agree with is the sentiment that Lehigh Valley folding would be a big loss for the NAL. .

exactly
Firstnten.net
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Ahem.

The Streets logo is on the NAL site. I find it hard to believe they are going to field an NAL team at Barclay center. But here we are..
TargetToad
Ironman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstnten.net wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
TargetToad wrote:

Ahem.

The Streets logo is on the NAL site. I find it hard to believe they are going to field an NAL team at Barclay center. But here we are..
I thought the Streets were going for Uniondale or Manhattan, not Brooklyn
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Other Indoor Leagues View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: