The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Albany looked rough and the Grady injury is not good.
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Albany looked rough and the Grady injury is not good.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFLNerd36
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Albany vs. Philly Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
wonderwizard9000 wrote:
FirebirdDW wrote:
Take 3 plays away (INT, lateral/fumble and missed FG TD) and it was a toss up as to who would have won.

Hope Grady's knee is OK.
As soon as he gets into game form, Albany will be hard to beat.
4 ver good receivers and a solid FB. OL also looks tough.

Keefe was quoted saying it was just a contusion. It seems that Grady will be expected to ok.

https://www.lmtonline.com/sports/article/Empire-open-with-defeat-12835240.php

That's Good news

If that's the case, he might miss the next game at worst; at best, he'll be giving the Valor defense heck next week.
gigisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:

... CUT...

I have a lot of pictures and video. I will get it posted shortly.

Thanks for sharing ... I love to see this stuff from people at games!

ssnapier wrote:

Also... Giancarlo, I grabbed you one of the Empire newspapers for your collection. Check your email for pictures.

Thank you so much Scott! Very, very appreciated! Cool
ArenaFan #1 in Italy
ArenaFan AFL Pick'Em 2008 Champion
Shaun_Albany
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in my season ticket seats at midfield lower level and it was very loud at times. Went up to visit with family up in the upper levels and it didn't seem as loud up there - which makes sense.

As mentioned before reports are Grady's knee was just a bruise. But I felt he looked rusty too. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in the short camp that he and his receivers need to more time to gel.
That said, in the 2-3 snaps/throws that Fafaul had, he has a very live arm. His throws looked to have a ton more velocity on them than both Grady and Raudabaugh.

Coach Keefe was a great show all onto himself watching him on the field like he had an IV of Redbull in his arm.

I was very impressed with the Albany defense. They will only get better.

The game was closer than the score showed. The crazy FG play, a few bad penalties that Albany can hopefully work to clean up, the backwards pass turnover, and the game would have been closer. But it was clear Philly was firing on all cylinders and Albany needs more time to sharpen up.

I haven't seen anything official from the team but I am told by a good source that Albany has well over 3,000 season tickets sold. So there is no doubt they will have strong attendance all year. Just need to get some W's on the board.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: