The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Hope Is A Good Thing........13648....
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Hope Is A Good Thing........13648....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thedogfootball
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Hope Is A Good Thing........13648.... Reply with quote

Real actual fans? Ted Leonsis is the real comissioner of AFL 3.0. Four teams still looks really bad but its like 19 lost hope87 all over again. i use to post alot but lost hope in the AFL but my addiction for arenaball real just not end. Proud of China-AFL but nothing beats the AFL.

Message for Ted...real easy solution...just buy-out NAL...its so easy. Instant 10 team league!
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really... there are at most 2-3 teams in the NAL the AFL would really want, and I am probably overestimating that by 2.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
4th&long
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
Not really... there are at most 2-3 teams in the NAL the AFL would really want, and I am probably overestimating that by 2.

AF Dave I'd say 2-3 is likely right BUT if things improve with their attendance etc that could be 4 (Jax, LV, Worcester-MP and Carolina)
mactheknife
MVP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hope Is A Good Thing........13648.... Reply with quote

thedogfootball wrote:
Message for Ted...real easy solution...just buy-out NAL...its so easy. Instant 10 team league!

Why buy when you can bury?

The AFL 2.5 (I'm now officially calling the league as having hit rock bottom and started to bounce back, but not a full blown re-write, so 2.5 vs. 3.0) strategy at this point should remain in the northeast and go slowly with expansion, and only with people who have the jack to take the hits rebuilding the brand.

I won't get into expansion speculation here, but there's not an NAL market I'd try expanding AFL 2.5 into, at least not at this time. But if I were going into one of their markets? I'd not buy 'em, I'd go in with a new, deep-pocketed owner and bury 'em.
AFLNerd36
All Pro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hope Is A Good Thing........13648.... Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
thedogfootball wrote:

The AFL 2.5 (I'm now officially calling the league as having hit rock bottom and started to bounce back, but not a full blown re-write, so 2.5 vs. 3.0) strategy at this point should remain in the northeast and go slowly with expansion, and only with people who have the jack to take the hits rebuilding the brand.

I won't get into expansion speculation here, but there's not an NAL market I'd try expanding AFL 2.5 into, at least not at this time. But if I were going into one of their markets? I'd not buy 'em, I'd go in with a new, deep-pocketed owner and bury 'em.

No, you should threaten to bury them with deep-pocketed owners if they don't join... then the NAL will have no option but to join you and you can bring back Tampa and Orlando in 2019.
TargetToad
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hope Is A Good Thing........13648.... Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
thedogfootball wrote:

Not even Bouchy and Jacksonvile Sharks if Ted can get the Arena League back into the Southeast?
mactheknife
MVP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hope Is A Good Thing........13648.... Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
No, you should threaten to bury them with deep-pocketed owners if they don't join... then the NAL will have no option but to join you and you can bring back Tampa and Orlando in 2019.

You're another one I evidently need to suggest this to: let Tampa and Orlando go. They aren't coming back. Not now, and likely not ever. Just let that dream die.

No, you don't threaten and then accept them, you bury them. Here's why: you've done your homework on the people with the deep pockets; you know what resources they have, and you know if they can handle the potential huge swings that might come without difficulty. If you're bringing in NAL people, you're likely bringing in people who don't have that level of financial staying power should it be necessary; you haven't vetted them to the same degree, nor are you liable to.

Besides, when you're in a business and you have the chance to pick your own partners versus having them foisted upon you? You always pick your partners.

And TT, to answer your question, succinctly: NO. In fact if anything, he's the first one I target.
TargetToad
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Hope Is A Good Thing........13648.... Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:

You're another one I evidently need to suggest this to: let Tampa and Orlando go. They aren't coming back. Not now, and likely not ever. Just let that dream die.

No, you don't threaten and then accept them, you bury them. Here's why: you've done your homework on the people with the deep pockets; you know what resources they have, and you know if they can handle the potential huge swings that might come without difficulty. If you're bringing in NAL people, you're likely bringing in people who don't have that level of financial staying power should it be necessary; you haven't vetted them to the same degree, nor are you liable to.

Besides, when you're in a business and you have the chance to pick your own partners versus having them foisted upon you? You always pick your partners.

And TT, to answer your question, succinctly: NO. In fact if anything, he's the first one I target.
Shurts in Zona?
Shaun_Albany
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hope Is A Good Thing........13648.... Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:

Perfectly said. If you essentially bring in NAL owners as hostages at gun point, you put the AFL back into the same situation it was in before. Owners not committed to the plan, nor with the financial strength you need in this league.

Those of us on this message board are fans of the league and look at a 4 team league and see how weak that is. But of the 13,000+ people at the Albany game Saturday, 12,750 probably had no idea if there was 4 or 24 teams in the league and they didn't care. What they care about is a quality product on the field. Stay small, grow slow, with teams that can invest in building a quality product. Star athletes from quality Div 1 schools/AFL veterans. 6 teams next year, 8-10 the following year. Keep putting a good product on the field and rebuild the brand as THE top arena football out there.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: