The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Expansion 2018
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Expansion 2018
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuahughes07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Expansion 2018 Reply with quote

Is there any updates for expansion teams for 2018?
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Expansion 2018 Reply with quote

joshuahughes07 wrote:
Is there any updates for expansion teams for 2018?

None yet. There may be an expansion update within the next month; any expansion updates will come after the next CBA is finalized.
Maxb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.timesunion.com/news/article/Albany-Arena-Football-League-announcement-set-for-12298928.php?cmpid=fbsocialflow#photo-14402745
Stormy216

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albany is returning to the Arena Football League the press conference is happening tomorrow.
joshuahughes07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Newark, New Jersey team Reply with quote

Stormy216 wrote:
Albany is returning to the Arena Football League the press conference is happening tomorrow.

Is there going to be a team in Newark, New Jersey next season. When I read some of the expansion rumors, there was talk about Albany, New York and Newark, New Jersey. Now that Albany is official, What about Newark,New Jersey?
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Newark, New Jersey team Reply with quote

joshuahughes07 wrote:
Stormy216 wrote:

Is there going to be a team in Newark, New Jersey next season. When I read some of the expansion rumors, there was talk about Albany, New York and Newark, New Jersey. Now that Albany is official, What about Newark,New Jersey?

I heard that Newark is likely to happen (but that's a rumor), and if it does happen, then Orlando may return....
joshuahughes07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Newark, New Jersey team Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
joshuahughes07 wrote:
Stormy216 wrote:

I heard that Newark is likely to happen (but that's a rumor), and if it does happen, then Orlando may return....

Here is a more recent article about the Arena Football League expansion to Newark, NJ: https://insidethearena.org/2017/10/24/newark-nj-next-step-in-arena-football-league-expansion/
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Newark, New Jersey team Reply with quote

joshuahughes07 wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
joshuahughes07 wrote:
Stormy216 wrote:

Here is a more recent article about the Arena Football League expansion to Newark, NJ: https://insidethearena.org/2017/10/24/newark-nj-next-step-in-arena-football-league-expansion/

That would leave the League with another odd number of teams...
Again.
Orlando would fix that.
toad8098

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newark seems all but guarented to happen. Just a matter if they get that 8th in for 2018(Orlando? Nashville? Detroit?).
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toad8098 wrote:
Newark seems all but guarented to happen. Just a matter if they get that 8th in for 2018(Orlando? Nashville? Detroit?).

I really hopes it's somewhere south (Orlando is my #1 choice), otherwise the Isle de Tampa Bay will grow larger and larger.

Who owns the Preds, Kats, and Drive trademarks?
in_a _rush
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
toad8098 wrote:

I really hopes it's somewhere south (Orlando is my #1 choice), otherwise the Isle de Tampa Bay will grow larger and larger.

Who owns the Preds, Kats, and Drive trademarks?

Orlando is also my #1 choice, but Nashville wouldn't be bad either.

The Kats was owned by the league but is a dead trademark as of April 2015.
The Predators is owned by the league.
I actually couldn't find the Detroit Drive trademark alive or dead. I assume it would be available in that case since it didn't show up in search results.
crixus
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that Albany will be getting an expansion team. I had read that the Commish wanted to expand the AFL to St. Louis. I guess that didn't pan out.
LJWeirich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Albany was in in the Arena Football League, I had the honor of attending a couple of Firebirds games at what was then the Pepsi Arena (June 16, 2000 and July 23, 2000). I enjoyed the experience, but I am happy to hear Albany is returning.

If Newark, New Jersey is awarded an expansion team, congrats to them.
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crixus wrote:
It's great that Albany will be getting an expansion team. I had read that the Commish wanted to expand the AFL to St. Louis. I guess that didn't pan out.

In the present situation that would be logistically difficult. I would think if they were to leave the Northeast it would be somewhere more southern to try and connect Tampa to someone and build a regional rivalry maybe? Charlotte maybe?
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:
crixus wrote:

In the present situation that would be logistically difficult. I would think if they were to leave the Northeast it would be somewhere more southern to try and connect Tampa to someone and build a regional rivalry maybe? Charlotte maybe?

Sigel did say he would pay up to 1/8th of Arena League finances. If (Newark does get added anyway).
gosharks
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssnapier wrote:
crixus wrote:

Supposedly there will be a new AAL team announced this Friday in Charlotte. The Charlotte Energy playing in the Bojangles Coliseum (home of the hockey playing Checkers, capacity of 8.600). That shouldn't discourage the AFL.
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosharks wrote:
ssnapier wrote:
crixus wrote:

Supposedly there will be a new AAL team announced this Friday in Charlotte. The Charlotte Energy playing in the Bojangles Coliseum (home of the hockey playing Checkers, capacity of 8.600). That shouldn't discourage the AFL.

An Charlotte AFL team owned by MJ (hornets) should be called the Charlotte Space Jam.
LJWeirich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Charlotte Energy is going to be a part of the AAL, they would have a rival in Richmond.
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJWeirich wrote:
Since the Charlotte Energy is going to be a part of the AAL, they would have a rival in Richmond.

Someone better tell the AAL, they have no mention of the Charlotte Energy on their website Shocked
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Expansion View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: