The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Albany Head Coach?
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Albany Head Coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFL79
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Albany Head Coach? Reply with quote

FirebirdDW wrote:
ArenaKen wrote:
I figure it is either one of these 2 guys..........
Steve Thonn...........former Firebird player and coach fr may years.
Phil Bogle..............Clint Dolezel's right hand man and ready to become a head coach

How abou Mike Hohensee?

He has a BETTER JOB, being a D-III college OC in Maryland @ McDaniel College, with head coach Mike Daley.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxb wrote:
They said on the local news here in albany that rob keefe will be named the head coach.

Interesting... I guess the papers are staying silent until official, nothing online yet.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
Maxb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
Maxb wrote:
They said on the local news here in albany that rob keefe will be named the head coach.

Interesting... I guess the papers are staying silent until official, nothing online yet.

Yeah I have not seen anything yet either. A friend first told me it was on the news. It was only on one channel. Then I saw it too.
LJWeirich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see "Touchdown" Eddie Brown as the head coach of the Albany Firebirds. He would inspire youngsters to want to play football and even if I never saw him play in person, I truly respect what he had accomplished during his Arena Football League career.
scottw
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Rob Keefe.
flornatref

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottw wrote:
It's Rob Keefe.

Before the Storm announced they were signing Ron James to be our head coach last season, I was strong supporter of hiring Rob Keefe from Orlando especially as we were going to be re-signing Randy Hippeard who had been Keefe's quarterback the past couple of seasons. He just said winner something we had not experienced in recent years. Now the signing of James has been the right choice of the Storm. He is a fantastic coach and extremely personable and accessible with the fans. Still, Albany I think is getting the best coach available to start their franchise.
Maxb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.albanyafl.com/news/story/?id=13867

It's official rob keefe is the coach
NanIndy
Ironman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Brown/Ray Philyaw would have been awesome for coaching! Philyaw is not interested though. Eddie's in Miami.
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NanIndy wrote:
Eddie Brown/Ray Philyaw would have been awesome for coaching! Philyaw is not interested though. Eddie's in Miami.

An arena head coaching job has to be better than high school one
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
NanIndy wrote:

Depends, I'd wager there are Texas HS coaching gigs that are as lucrative as an AFL coaching job, and certainly has more job security.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
gosharks
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
TargetToad wrote:
NanIndy wrote:

Depends, I'd wager there are Texas HS coaching gigs that are as lucrative as an AFL coaching job, and certainly has more job security.

Yea, some HS head coaching jobs pay well into 6 digits. A sizeable portion of the $ comes from boosters. If you double up being an AD you can do quite well (that way you don't need to teach). A friend of mine was on a committee to hire a head football coach at a large high school in J'ville. It took a $115K salary + bennies (not afforded teachers) to sign him. That was in 2007. Of course, the HC then has to deal with boosters. Just like in college football, High School boosters can be very powerful.
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
TargetToad wrote:
NanIndy wrote:

I'd like to add, if either Ray Philyaw or Eddie Brown wants to teach and coach football while making lots of money, they won't be going anywhere soon.
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: NA's LV Steelhawks Head Coach & Assist. GM resigns for n Reply with quote

Could he be going to ALBANY? Or possibly a new NAL team?

https://www.facebook.com/steelhawkslv/?hc_ref=ARSexmQ0rNW_VSZ4U6PMuScpsmeG6M0SZPxHqmAONeY7Ir1D0qsKdFXNJDaOuDJebZg&fref=nf

>STEELHAWKS THOMPSON RESIGNS AS HEAD COACH

Allentown, PA: The Lehigh Valley Steelhawks announced today that Head Coach and Assistant General Manager Chris Thompson has resigned from his post with the team. Thompsonís move allows him to pursue a new opportunity in a soon to be announced Front Office and Coaching role. Thompson will fulfill his duties and assist in the transition phase of finding a new Head Coach and Assistant General Manager until the New Year.<
Maxb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NA's LV Steelhawks Head Coach & Assist. GM resigns f Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/steelhawkslv/?hc_ref=ARSexmQ0rNW_VSZ4U6PMuScpsmeG6M0SZPxHqmAONeY7Ir1D0qsKdFXNJDaOuDJebZg&fref=nf

Allentown, PA: The Lehigh Valley Steelhawks announced today that Head Coach and Assistant General Manager Chris Thompson has resigned from his post with the team. Thompsonís move allows him to pursue a new opportunity in a soon to be announced Front Office and Coaching role. Thompson will fulfill his duties and assist in the transition phase of finding a new Head Coach and Assistant General Manager until the New Year.<

He won't be head coach in albany as rob keefe was already named head coach in albany
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: NA's LV Steelhawks Head Coach & Assist. GM resigns f Reply with quote

Maxb wrote:
4th&long wrote:

He won't be head coach in albany as rob keefe was already named head coach in albany

ooops ... i missed that - Thx!
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: NA's LV Steelhawks Head Coach & Assist. GM resigns f Reply with quote

Maxb wrote:
4th&long wrote:

Newark or Orlando perhaps?
Maxb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: NA's LV Steelhawks Head Coach & Assist. GM resigns f Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
Maxb wrote:
4th&long wrote:

No problem
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: NA's LV Steelhawks Head Coach & Assist. GM resigns f Reply with quote

Maxb wrote:
4th&long wrote:
Maxb wrote:
4th&long wrote:

No problem

Is he going to the Massachusetts Pirates?
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: NA's LV Steelhawks Head Coach & Assist. GM resigns f Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
Maxb wrote:
4th&long wrote:
Maxb wrote:
4th&long wrote:

No problem

Is he going to the Massachusetts Pirates?

Unless there is some sort of concession made by Massachusetts a-la Jon Gruden to the Bucs in 2002.
I see a vertical move (Newark/Orlando/other AFL) as more likely.
Big Mike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could Chris Thompson be going to a team that is going to begin play in 2019? If he were going to a team that will begin play in spring 2018 I would think he would go there immediately, not in January.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: