The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - albany season ticket numbers
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
albany season ticket numbers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArenaFanJersey
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: albany season ticket numbers Reply with quote

Just saw that Albany announced over 500 season tickets in the first week. That is really impressive!

Anyone know where other teams stand with that #? I thought I saw that Baltimore was around 500.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THat is good, as the team should be able to do promotions for Xmas gifts in the next 2 months. I would say 2-3k by end of year shouldn't be out of the question.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also don't know if they'll have access to their old AHL Devils team mailing list... that will be a big list they can hit up that now has free'd up sports spending money.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
ArenaFanJersey
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know either but I suspect that they do. I always thought that Harris might be almost a "silent partner" in Albany supporting with ticket lists and sponsorship connections. I can imagine he isn't very popular in the market though moving the last remaining professional team so his name would not be on anything.
mikeg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Times Union Center probably had the lists already...

As an AFL Firebirds and Conquest ticket season ticket holder, I got not only offers for AHL games, but also special events for the arena (NBA PreSeason, Concerts, etc). I think group ticket sales were shared as well.

I do think 2K is possible for the first year, might take a few successful years to get over 3K, as these packages are naturally more expensive than what I had in 1999. For example, I'm only getting two season tickets, vs the four I had.

Not sure if this is true, but I think the old Firebirds season ticket base was well over 4k, as we were averaging around 10K per game after year three.
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think Baltimore had 1200 season ticket holders total to be honest.
mikeg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a call from the Albany Front office about my season tickets (I opted for 2 this time, near where my old ones were).

1) They are just getting organized, and haven't started the Season Ticket campaign. They are VERY encouraged by the initial response. They were starting by contacting the people who signed up for season tickets on the website.

2) There may be an announcement by next week (or the week after) about the finalists for the new name. While not coming out and saying it, the old "Firebirds" nickname is tied up.

I have no evidence for the following, but I'm hoping the new nickname campaign will encourage the current owner of that property to sell it back to Albany AFL...it's pretty worthless after they select a name.

3) I did ask what the current season ticket numbers were (Wed, Nov 2nd). The rep I talked to thought they would be at 600 or more by the end of the day!!
mactheknife
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeg wrote:
I have no evidence for the following, but I'm hoping the new nickname campaign will encourage the current owner of that property to sell it back to Albany AFL...it's pretty worthless after they select a name.

Jerry Kurz controls the name, and given that he and the AFL are currently engaged in litigation, I wouldn't hold my breath - although, it's ultimately possible that if they were to somehow settle the suit, part of the settlement could be a transfer of the Firebirds trademark.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: