The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Valor & Brigade Season Ticket Holders Q.....
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Valor & Brigade Season Ticket Holders Q.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Valor & Brigade Season Ticket Holders Q..... Reply with quote

As I was mentioning the reasons why someone would get season tickets in another thread, I mentioned "extras"...

I was wondering if any season ticket holders for the two Leonsis teams can comment... did you get "free/complimentary" access to Monumental Sports Network as part of your season tickets? Seems like that would be an obvious "throw-in" for all of his sports properties season ticket holders... I can't imagine a lot of people paying for it otherwise separately, but, I could see it as a fairly inexpensive "value add" to the season ticket packages.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
MrH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not. I don't believe this was a value-added extra for the VIP/top-tier holders either, but I could be wrong.

Now, they did partner with https://thegreeneturtle.com/, a chain of local sports bars, to have access to it and be the official "Away game" locations.

I suspect they are trying to see how much revenue they can make from the Monumental Sports Network, and hope to turn it into a revenue-generator.

The idea would be that season-ticket holders are the target audience MOST likely to shell out money for it, and one problem with giving anything away free is that people start to expect it to be free.

Giving it away is not likely to convert a non-season-ticket holder to become a season-ticket holder, but a season-ticket holder IS more likely to purchase the addon.
flornatref

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to horn in on a Valor season ticket question, but as far as the Storm goes, I have four season tickets. For each ticket, the incentives are as follows:

1. 25% off all merchandise purchased at the arena during season
2. 25% off all food purchased at arena during season
3. $50 per season ticket to be used on food or merchandise
4. access to end of year Storm VIP party with guest included
5. any home playoff game, tickets for game are free in current assigned seats
6. 2 club level seats provided to each season ticket holder for playoff game to be used at the discretion of holder
7. additional special arena tickets to function which for this year were lower bowl seats to a Tampa Bay Lightning preseason game

Not too shabby of an incentive package
billscarnage
MVP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flornatref wrote:
Not to horn in on a Valor season ticket question, but as far as the Storm goes, I have four season tickets. For each ticket, the incentives are as follows:

6. 2 club level seats provided to each season ticket holder for playoff game to be used at the discretion of holder
7. additional special arena tickets to function which for this year were lower bowl seats to a Tampa Bay Lightning preseason game

Not to shabby at all. And, this is on top of the STH ticket discount, right?
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that MrH.... I don't know, just seems like that the idea of the network would be to have it as that "value add" to season tickets to all teams, and then, whatever you can get outside of that, is gravy.

Maybe I'm just not "fan enough", but, for what it has on there, I don't know that I'd shell out $70 a year. I would "appreciate" getting it if I was getting season tickets though.

AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
I get that MrH.... I don't know, just seems like that the idea of the network would be to have it as that "value add" to season tickets to all teams, and then, whatever you can get outside of that, is gravy.

Maybe I'm just not "fan enough", but, for what it has on there, I don't know that I'd shell out $70 a year. I would "appreciate" getting it if I was getting season tickets though.

Or a discount code with season tickets might be a good incentive... if it was a 40% discount, for instance, that might increase the chances of the season-ticket holder buying a subscription for the first year, then renewing it....
mactheknife
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flornatref wrote:

Serious, and admittedly cynical question: Why are you incentivized by what I've bolded?

I understand the others and would readily recognize their incentive value, but "Buy season tickets, and we'll give you a discount in hope you'll spend even more money with us!" wouldn't do it for me.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the assumption is, you are probably buying food and merch at the game, so, being a season ticket holder, you'll get a discount on that.

Obviously, if you try to just "get into the game" and never spend any other money, it wouldn't be an incentive.

flornatref

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mactheknife wrote:
flornatref wrote:

Serious, and admittedly cynical question: Why are you incentivized by what I've bolded?

I understand the others and would readily recognize their incentive value, but "Buy season tickets, and we'll give you a discount in hope you'll spend even more money with us!" wouldn't do it for me.

Mac,

I am not going to say that anything on this list is the defining reason or motivation to buy my season tickets. To be honest, my kids absolutely fell in love with the sport and excitement of the game after our first experience and the price of the tickets is extremely affordable. I will say though that when my kids and I went to the Lightning preseason game, I bought three fish and chips meals and three sodas. It cost $65. With the season ticket discount, I would have saved over $16. It is just another decent perk.
mactheknife
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flornatref wrote:
mactheknife wrote:
flornatref wrote:

Mac,

I am not going to say that anything on this list is the defining reason or motivation to buy my season tickets. To be honest, my kids absolutely fell in love with the sport and excitement of the game after our first experience and the price of the tickets is extremely affordable. I will say though that when my kids and I went to the Lightning preseason game, I bought three fish and chips meals and three sodas. It cost $65. With the season ticket discount, I would have saved over $16. It is just another decent perk.

Fair enough. I kinda knew the answer to the question before I even wrote it, but the cynic in me had to ask. FWIW, I bought the entire 9th row of seats for Carolina Cobras games all three years they were in Raleigh, and never got so much as a bumper sticker. I'm glad to see today's AFL operators are striving to provide greater value to their customers.
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Monumental Sports Network also includes free tickets to several other sports a few times a year. If you take advantage of that, it is actually a very good value even if you stream no games at all.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: