The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Long-term expansion goals for the AFL?
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Long-term expansion goals for the AFL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArenaKen
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pelicans ownership is what started the Voodoo
Saberkats64

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you could forget about a arena football team ever returning to Northern California after what the owners of the Sabercats went thru with the league and that piece of crap owner in Arizona and I hate to admit it not that many people care about the Arena League anymore the old days were great but the league is a sad joke now plain and simple
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean how the refs in Stockton in the conference championship GAVE you the game by declaring Reggie Gray's fumble across the goal line a TD?
GaryS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Future ? Reply with quote

I agree with some of the cities for expansion, I think you focus on cities that don't have NFL teams fulltime.

East
Atlantic city NJ
Syracuse
Orlando
Long Island NY
Boston
Hartford

Central
Columbus Oh
Little Rock Ark
Birmingham Ala
Milwaukee
St. Louis
Louisville

West
Oklahoma
San Antonio
Utah
Alberquerque
Omaha
Elpaso

Far West
Sacramento
Las Vegas
Anahiem
Portland Or
Fresno
San Jose

Exuse my miss spelling's this is my Idea & when the Raiders move to Vegas put a team in Oakland Ca
Saberkats64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AFLNerd36"]You mean how the refs in Stockton in the conference championship GAVE you the game by declaring Reggie Gray's fumble across the goal line a TD?[/quote] Hey Nerd this is about expansion in the league not about being a whiny crybaby rattlers fan whose team was dominated in that game it wasn't because of one play so why don't you grow up and move on plus your on the wrong page the rattlers aren't even involved with the AFL so go troll on whatever leagues page your team is playing in now this site is for fans of teams that never played in another league and remained loyal to the AFL in that teams life span unlike the crapplers
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saberkats64 wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
You mean how the refs in Stockton in the conference championship GAVE you the game by declaring Reggie Gray's fumble across the goal line a TD?
Hey Nerd this is about expansion in the league not about being a whiny crybaby rattlers fan whose team was dominated in that game it wasn't because of one play so why don't you grow up and move on plus your on the wrong page the rattlers aren't even involved with the AFL so go troll on whatever leagues page your team is playing in now this site is for fans of teams that never played in another league and remained loyal to the AFL in that teams life span unlike the crapplers

First, if you're even going to attack someone personally, at least use decent grammar. I didn't attack you personally, I just stated a fact... even Adam Markowitz, a noted Rattlers hater (until he joined the AFL's front office), called that an awful call. Second, that game was back-and-forth until that awful call... were you drinking Everclear while watching the game?

Another thing: Unlike the SaberCats, the Rattlers are considered a team that will return to the AFL once the AFL has enough teams west of the Mississippi River. For the SaberCats to return, the San Jose Sharks will need to buy the team (and probably the patents and other intellectual property) before the AFL will accept the SaberCats. For the Rattlers to return, however, all Ron Shurts needs to do is sign on a former NFL player (such as Kurt Warner) as a minority owner, state that the Rattlers are returning to the AFL, and the AFL will welcome the Rattlers with open arms.

That's a massive difference.
Saberkats64

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AFLNerd36"][quote="Saberkats64"][quote="AFLNerd36"]You mean how the refs in Stockton in the conference championship GAVE you the game by declaring Reggie Gray's fumble across the goal line a TD?[/quote] Hey Nerd this is about expansion in the league not about being a whiny crybaby rattlers fan whose team was dominated in that game it wasn't because of one play so why don't you grow up and move on plus your on the wrong page the rattlers aren't even involved with the AFL so go troll on whatever leagues page your team is playing in now this site is for fans of teams that never played in another league and remained loyal to the AFL in that teams life span unlike the crapplers[/quote]

First, if you're even going to attack someone personally, at least use decent grammar. I didn't attack you personally, I just stated a fact... even Adam Markowitz, a noted Rattlers hater (until he joined the AFL's front office), called that an awful call. Second, that game was back-and-forth until that awful call... were you drinking Everclear while watching the game?

Another thing: Unlike the SaberCats, the Rattlers are considered a team that will return to the AFL once the AFL has enough teams west of the Mississippi River. For the SaberCats to return, the San Jose Sharks will need to buy the team (and probably the patents and other intellectual property) before the AFL will accept the SaberCats. For the Rattlers to return, however, all Ron Shurts needs to do is sign on a former NFL player (such as Kurt Warner) as a minority owner, state that the Rattlers are returning to the AFL, and the AFL will welcome the Rattlers with open arms.......... Looks like you never even read my original post or what part of there won't be any teams in the AFL located in Northern California back in the league and now that the Sharks have their minor league team playing in their arena there will never be another AFL team playing in San Jose or San Francisco for that matter thanks to Warriors owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber comments about what a joke the Arena league is back in 2015 and i never attacked you Mr. Nerd but if you can't handle criticism maybe you should stay off the internet you are the only one attacking people you kinda sound like a liberal lol if you are hey more power to you but please keep your ill informed comments to yourself personally i could care less if Arizona comes back to the AFL which i know won't happen the ownership doesn't want to go back and the AFL will never have more than 10 teams cause the league is a joke and i can guarantee you Kurt Warner would never soil his good name by getting involved with the AFL now he's got to much invested in the NFL and his recent induction into the Hall of Fame anyway this has been fun you have a nice weekend

That's a massive difference.[/quote] Yawn
DiamondThief
All Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would leave Portland off the list. Butera burned Portland and the AFL still owes former employees and creditors money, nearly a year after folding the team.

http://sportscoasttocoast.proboards.com/board/46/arena-football-league
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiamondThief wrote:
I would leave Portland off the list. Butera burned Portland and the AFL still owes former employees and creditors money, nearly a year after folding the team.

I'd leave them off the list until the AFL repays those debts and gets a new commissioner... Kurt Warner? John Cena? There are a LOT of people who would make a better commissioner than Butera.
fightclubhubbs
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird, I just read that article a bit ago linked by someone in a facebook group.
DiamondThief
All Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
DiamondThief wrote:

I'd leave them off the list until the AFL repays those debts and gets a new commissioner... Kurt Warner? John Cena? There are a LOT of people who would make a better commissioner than Butera.

My nine-year-old sister would make for a better commissioner than Butera!
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiamondThief wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:
DiamondThief wrote:

My nine-year-old sister would make for a better commissioner than Butera!

Even JaMarcus Russel would do a better job! Just install a treadmill in his office, so he doesn't go over 400 pounds again....
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:
Even JaMarcus Russel would do a better job! Just install a treadmill in his office, so he doesn't go over 400 pounds again....

#Jamarcusforcommish
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFLNerd36 wrote:

Even Bouchey? Personally my vote (I know I'm sounding like a suck up here) is Adam Markowitz. How old is Jim Foster anyway.
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
AFLNerd36 wrote:

Even Bouchey? Personally my vote (I know I'm sounding like a suck up here) is Adam Markowitz. How old is Jim Foster anyway.

Adam Markowitz would be a better commissioner as well. Heck, the average Elvis impersonator would be a better commissioner! Just make sure to give him a peanut butter and banana sandwich with bacon on it at least once a week.

On a more serious note, bringing back at least some elements of Ironman football would improve the game and its popularity... making Adam Markowitz a great choice.
Tully305

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being new on here, Iím sure this has been talked about before, but has there ever been any discussion about expanding the game into colleges? I think it would be hugely popular on campuses, you have a built in fan base on campus, plus smaller schools could field teams cheaper than regular football
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Expansion View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: