The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Thoughts On Ted Leonsis' Proposed Acela Divison?
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Thoughts On Ted Leonsis' Proposed Acela Divison?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bring Back The Rush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Thoughts On Ted Leonsis' Proposed Acela Divison? Reply with quote

Ted Leonsis talked about creating a Acela Division, probably joking but hey. I believe he talked about someone acquiring a team in Newark New Jersey. I believe the guy who owns the New Jersey Devils also owns the Philadelphia 76ers so that could be a possible ownership opportunity depending on if he is interested obviously.
What are your guys and gals thoughts on this?
fightclubhubbs
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned in the St Louis thread if Jaws doesn't use Vermeil to get a team there, then to convince the Sixer's owner to maybe get a team in Jersey.
AFLNerd36
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts On Ted Leonsis' Proposed Acela Divison? Reply with quote

Bring Back The Rush wrote:
Ted Leonsis talked about creating a Acela Division, probably joking but hey. I believe he talked about someone acquiring a team in Newark New Jersey. I believe the guy who owns the New Jersey Devils also owns the Philadelphia 76ers so that could be a possible ownership opportunity depending on if he is interested obviously.
What are your guys and gals thoughts on this?

Let's hope this team comes into existence soon (or any 6th team, for that matter), because if it doesn't, the AFL will get weird.
Bring Back The Rush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Midwest expansion Reply with quote

fightclubhubbs wrote:
I mentioned in the St Louis thread if Jaws doesn't use Vermeil to get a team there, then to convince the Sixer's owner to maybe get a team in Jersey.

St. Louis was mentioned as a top priority but honestly it sounds like something for 2018. They are likely to want to expand to a Midwest division. Potential cities for expansion in the Midwest would probably be:
Chicago
Louisville
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Detroit
but who knows where the AFL is headed.
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, good teams in good markets is a good thing.

RIP New Orleans VooDoo and Colorado Crush
LJWeirich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An AFL team in Newark, NJ or New York would be a good idea.

Here are some ideas for AFL expansion:

Boston
Buffalo, NY
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Charlotte, NC
Memphis, TN
Nashville, TN

Anyone have a better idea? I am willing to listen.
RockvilleRaven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see all 5 teams get though this season first. I'd also like Ted to keep the Baltimore team running next year no matter what so that in 2018 there's a level playing field between both the Valor and Brigade. Next year one team in the New York market either at the Prudential Center in Newark or Brooklyn at the Barclays Center.

Also I heard rumors that the St. Louis Blues management wants to put a team in the Scottrade Center.

Next season, the league should get to an even number of teams either 6 or 8 and get rid of the bye weeks.
ssnapier
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the players hate the bye weeks too since they are paid on a per game basis. I wonder what accommodations the league or the team owners are making to make up for those gaps?
crixus
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Midwest expansion Reply with quote

Bring Back The Rush wrote:
fightclubhubbs wrote:

St. Louis was mentioned as a top priority but honestly it sounds like something for 2018. They are likely to want to expand to a Midwest division. Potential cities for expansion in the Midwest would probably be:
Chicago
Louisville
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Detroit
but who knows where the AFL is headed.

But who knows where the AFL is headed is right. Arena/Indoor football is a very risky inve$tment. It's fun to watch, but I wouldn't sink money into any of the leagues (AFL, IFL, CIF, etc.)
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Expansion View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: