The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - OT: Any chance of an IFL champ v NAL champ interleague game?
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
OT: Any chance of an IFL champ v NAL champ interleague game?
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: OT: Any chance of an IFL champ v NAL champ interleague game? Reply with quote

Just thinking outloud...With the IFL and NAL leagues playoffs perfectly aligned - is there any chance that if AZ (or possibly even Iowa) and JAX wins their respective leagues - With owners who know each other from the AFL....could / would they coordinate a mega-champ game?

I would think it would come down to if they think they could make money at it... based on their respective attendances I think they could.

Could we see this kind of free wheeling in arena FB?
TCIndepMo
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would watch, but the only way it happens is if the owners can figure out a way for both sides to make enough money to make it worthwhile.

The Champs league finished up on Friday night and IFL won't finish until next weekend's finals, so scheduling might be a challenge. Not sure about the NAL playoffs.

Maybe next year, if at all, but nothing in 2017. IMO.

While we are fantasizing about games that will never happen - how about an indoor super series with champs of IFL, NAL, AFL and CAFL? Fly everybody over to China (they are only ones with enough money to do it) and play a two game series for the Jerry Kruz/David Baker WORLD SERIES trophy. Such trophy to be made of plastic and guaranteed to break as first player actually tries to hold it aloft.

Games could kick off their next season All rules have to be written on back of a bar napkin in felt tip pen with half time show hosted by that Aaron's Rental girl in the yellow dress. Mike Adamle (sp?) and Bob Costas come out of retirement/obscurity to do the games. I'd watch as little else to do at 4 AM on a Sunday morning telecast from China on beloved channel 623.
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would leave to see an IFL-NAL Super Bowl. Not likely to ever happen though. Confused
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiderfan_MJ wrote:
I would leave to see an IFL-NAL Super Bowl. Not likely to ever happen though. Confused

Who knows - 2 leagues or 'conferences' that have self contained schedules - like MLB used to be with AL & NL - would help maintain travel costs (a big driver in AFL costs) while giving the outward appears of a bigger league. Only meeting in a championship. Also help to squash other league attempts at starting up.

Just a thought.
TargetToad
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With how bad the offseason is going for the IFL, they may not even be around long enough to see any sort if merger/championship happen. Also, wasn't the IFL formed by a merger of 2 smaller leagues?
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TargetToad wrote:
With how bad the offseason is going for the IFL, they may not even be around long enough to see any sort if merger/championship happen. Also, wasn't the IFL formed by a merger of 2 smaller leagues?

If this were to happen it would have been announced prior to the leagues respective championships, and would have followed a week or maybe 2 after. With the issues IFL was staring at - an NAL v IFL championship was least on their mind.

The IFL likely will have a season with 6 teams next yr, but if that collapses, I can see AZ & maybe Iowa flipping to the NAL. But it would need to happen relatively soon.
spiderfan_MJ
All Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th&long wrote:
The IFL likely will have a season with 6 teams next yr, but if that collapses, I can see AZ & maybe Iowa flipping to the NAL.

I can see that happening potentially as well.
jmelq92501
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: hey... Reply with quote

dont forget about the champions indoor fb league
4th&long
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: hey... Reply with quote

jmelq92501 wrote:
dont forget about the champions indoor fb league

I don't see AZ doing that. And unlikely Iowa either.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussion View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: