The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - Another sign and trade involving South Beach
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
Another sign and trade involving South Beach
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Gladiators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidelines
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Another sign and trade involving South Beach Reply with quote

what I've heard is that Ferraro is headed to Miami (or possibly Memphis?) next season, but Dan Gilbert wants to buy the Gladiators and keep them in Cleveland... not sure how it'd all work other than Dan Gilbert getting an expansion franchise and somehow swap it with Ferraro... however the league can say 'no' to expansion and leave Cleveland without a team... With Bernie Kosar still owing his cut of the team to Ferraro and only 5k showing up to a 20k arena, there's nothing keeping the Glads in Cleveland...

Caballo Diablo wrote:
Looks like sidelines knows what he's talking about.
gladiatorsrock921
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arena isn't 20K when they cut off the whole upper deck. The team is staying in Cleveland, why else would Ferraro even be making comments on the team now like he did before the Pit game? Heck Bernie was even at that game and the Soul game.
sidelines
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't tarp off the upper deck in 2008 when they were averaging 14,016...
this season: 6,547 (53.3% drop)...

I will remind you that this is the same Ferraro that was selling 2003 New Jersey Gladiators season tickets to fund his move to Las Vegas...

Caballo Diablo wrote:
sidelines
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferraro's not staying... I have 2 sources on this one...
but in the AFL nothing is ever set in stone even after an official press release...

I'm hoping that Ferraro will take the Glads identity with him to Miami, and Gilbert could bring back the Thunderbolts...

Black, Silver, and Purple is a great color combo for an AFL team...

also, since the Power dropped the ball on having a kickass helmet logo, the T'Bolts could use their old helmet design...
(Pittsburgh could have used their hand holding a lightning bolt logo in the same way the Thunderbolts had their lightning bolt on the front of the helmet)

simple, unique, and effective...

Caballo Diablo wrote:
gladiatorsrock921
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know. Last week the team gave away season tickets for next season as part of the fan appreciation game and at the playoff game Sunday they are putting up the division championship banner in the Q. Why spend money on a banner if you are not going to be back?
sidelines
Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiatorsrock921 wrote:
Well I don't know. Last week the team gave away season tickets for next season as part of the fan appreciation game and at the playoff game Sunday they are putting up the division championship banner in the Q. Why spend money on a banner if you are not going to be back?

this is exactly how Ferraro rolls... just preparing you guys so it's not a shock when it happens... funny thing is the Vegas Glads fans were the same way when I warned them about the move to Cleveland...

Caballo Diablo wrote:
alex2017

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arena isn't 20K when they cut off the whole upper deck. The team is staying in Cleveland, why else would Ferraro even be making comments on the team now like he did before the Pit game? Heck Bernie was even at that game and the Soul game.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Gladiators View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: