The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - WHEN WILL THE AFL MAKE A GAME!!!
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
WHEN WILL THE AFL MAKE A GAME!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toby predators

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: WHEN WILL THE AFL MAKE A GAME!!! Reply with quote

when will the AFL make a ps3/4 and xbox 360/one Game! why not 2K. Mad

IF YOU'RE NOT AN
ORLANDO PREDATOR
YOU'RE PRAY!
MikeCassel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it happening again.
adviserkulikov

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough brand awareness, marketing it would be an uphill battle. It would be better for them to be included in Madden as a variant game mode and allowing you to pick them as teams to take through career mode.

It's just too much of an investment to make a whole new game and try to sell it. A madden 08 mod would be good. EA doesn't make PC games anymore sooo whatever.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They somehow got EA on board in the mid 2000's as we all know. That was the "height" of AFL video game-dom. And EA could make it work to keep making the game after two years.

http://www.arenafan.com/interactive/?page=vgame

Probably the best bet would be for them to glom on with someone who would make a game kind of like Maxinum Football, that would allow for the AFL and the CFL to have their "versions" of football in the game, with licenced teams. Max FB attempted it, but, it was never a good arcade game, and really only a passable strategy game.

Honestly, if I could get my hands on source code for some 20 year old game like Front Page Sports Football (http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=3937), I'd try to mod that up to allow for custom field dimensions, # of players, etc. But, never been able to find any old football game source code thrown out on the net yet.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> Video Games View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: