The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - AFL China College League
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
AFL China College League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: AFL China College League Reply with quote

http://afl-china.com/china/ccaa

Interesting, in that I've said for awhile, why doesn't the AFL try to get mid-sized conference schools that only have basketball (but, may have arena's that can do indoor football) start up indoor/arena football as a sport... lots of schools don't want to do outdoor football because of the 80-100 bodies, but, an AFL team would probably only need a college roster of 25-30.

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
NATUREBOY98

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when does the china pro league start Question

And that arena football college stuff was my idea. Cool
in_a _rush
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in the article it made a quick comment towards the end that the pro league is planned to start in 2015.

I've also always thought that the AFL should try to reach an agreement with the "1-AAA" college teams that lack football programs to get a spring college league going. Even if they couldn't get NCAA recognition an AFL-sponsored Club League (could even offer stipends similar to athletic scholarships) would greatly increase exposure for the sport.

The Midwest in particular has a decent number of fairly big schools without programs (UW-Green Bay, DePaul, UI-Chicago, Marquette, Detroit, IUPUI, etc.) that could form a good start for such a group.
NATUREBOY98

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we going to be able to watch these afl china games and college games on tv or internet Question
Battra
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in_a _rush wrote:
I think in the article it made a quick comment towards the end that the pro league is planned to start in 2015.

I've also always thought that the AFL should try to reach an agreement with the "1-AAA" college teams that lack football programs to get a spring college league going. Even if they couldn't get NCAA recognition an AFL-sponsored Club League (could even offer stipends similar to athletic scholarships) would greatly increase exposure for the sport.

The Midwest in particular has a decent number of fairly big schools without programs (UW-Green Bay, DePaul, UI-Chicago, Marquette, Detroit, IUPUI, etc.) that could form a good start for such a group.

You forgot SLU!

Six Feet Under returns!
dictatortot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are definitely on to something. Why indeed doesn't the AFL reach out and attempt to forge some kind of partnership with certain schools for a collegiate level game? Now I'm annoyed that they aren't doing it. You guys have ruined my Sunday evening.
Bear124
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: it will be Reply with quote

it will be how many teams
ChargingTiger
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and who will coach these teams?
NebraskaPredsFan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: AFL China College League Reply with quote

afdave wrote:
http://afl-china.com/china/ccaa

Interesting, in that I've said for awhile, why doesn't the AFL try to get mid-sized conference schools that only have basketball (but, may have arena's that can do indoor football) start up indoor/arena football as a sport... lots of schools don't want to do outdoor football because of the 80-100 bodies, but, an AFL team would probably only need a college roster of 25-30.

I love this idea. Seems like you might draw alumni support from folks who ordinarily aren't interested in arena ball.
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL International View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: