The Home of Arena Football Fans since 1998

ArenaFan.com :: View topic - What is happening now with AFL China....
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  
What is happening now with AFL China....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjsabercatfan
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: What is happening now with AFL China.... Reply with quote

So, does any one know what is going on the AFL China. When will they start their season? Do they have any teams yet?
AFLGuru
Ironman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a fall/winter league, so don't expect the teams to formally be announced for at least a few more months. They want to start in, I believe they said November for approximately a 10-game season. So figure the year would go November-January/February, and then the players, theoretically, could come back to the states and play in AFL US without missing training camp.
afdave
ArenaFan Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFLGuru wrote:
It's going to be a fall/winter league, so don't expect the teams to formally be announced for at least a few more months. They want to start in, I believe they said November for approximately a 10-game season. So figure the year would go November-January/February, and then the players, theoretically, could come back to the states and play in AFL US without missing training camp.

Is there a good feeling of what cities they'll start in?

Arenafan on Twitter | Arenafan on Facebook
AFLGuru
Ironman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the list of cities, but it didn't mean anything to me. I know that Beijing was one of them, obviously.
sjsabercatfan
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, and Tianjin are the top 5 largest cities in China, I think. Area wise these cities are huge when looking at urban, suburban and rural areas. Combined population for the cities is estimated at around 75 million.

Beijing has a population around 20-24 million. I am surprised that there were only 9800 at the game. When this league starts I would love to see how many people will go to these games.

I hope this AFL China is successful and not die like NFL Europe....
Post new topic Reply to topic    ArenaFan.com Forum Index -> AFL International View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jump to: