Tampa Bay Storm to host open tryout in Georgia
Tuesday October 8, 2013
Storm will host an open tryout on Saturday, November 9 in Marietta, Georgia
TAMPA BAY – The Tampa Bay Storm is pleased to announce it will hold an open tryout Saturday, November 9 at Kell High School (Marietta, GA) with registration beginning at 8:00 AM and testing starting promptly at 9:00 AM.
This one-day tryout is open to interested players. Many players that have attended open tryouts in the past have found success including Michael Lindsey, and Arena Football League Hall of Famers Stevie Thomas and George LaFrance.
The camp will be directed by Storm head coach Lawrence Samuels. The coaching staff will evaluate players in combine exercises such as the 40-yard dash, 20-yard short shuttle and 20-yard L-drill as well as have their height and weight recorded. Immediately following the testing, participants will participate in position and one-on-one drills.
Interested players are encouraged to pre-register at www.tampabaystorm.com. Payment is $60 for those who register early and on-line. Pre-registration ends at noon on Thursday, November 7.
Players can also register at Kell H.S. the morning of the open tryout. Payment is $70 for those that register the day of the open tryout. Payment must be made upon arrival and by cash or money order.
Kell High School is located at 4770 Lee Waters Road, Marietta, GA 30066
* The tryout will be conducted on turf (attendees should bring tennis shoes)
* Water will be provided
* First-aid will be available - trainer is not available for taping
* This is a non-contact camp, no need for shoulder pads or helmets.
* Players must be older than 19 and completed high school eligibility
* Must bring a form of I.D.
* Kickers will not be evaluated at the end of the tryout